SENIORS.....Let's take a stroll down memory lane....?

Do you remember: when going to 3rd grade meant learning to write in cursive? All the girls had ugly gym shorts? When 25cents was a decent allowance? Mom wore nylons that came in 2 pieces? Laundry detergent had free glasses, dishes or towels hidden inside? Candy cigarettes, soda pop machines that dispensed glass... show more Do you remember: when going to 3rd grade meant learning to write in cursive? All the girls had ugly gym shorts? When 25cents was a decent allowance? Mom wore nylons that came in 2 pieces? Laundry detergent had free glasses, dishes or towels hidden inside? Candy cigarettes, soda pop machines that dispensed glass bottles? Home milk delivery with cardboard stoppers? Coffee shops with tabletop jukeboxes? Green stamps? "Race issue" meant arguing about who ran the fastest? Having a weapon in school meant being caught with a slingshot? "War" was a card game? Phone numbers with word prefixes [ fairfax [fa] 27761 Hi Fi 's and 45 rpm records?....if you can remember most ot these things, then YOU HAVE LIVED!!!!!!
Update: Ohhhh weeeee.....I am loving these answers. So many that I had forgotten, you guys remembered. Like the peanut butter in the mugs, and remember Jelly came in glasses with different cartoon characters on them? And one of my favorite things to do was to help my granny hang clothes out on the clothesline.....no... show more Ohhhh weeeee.....I am loving these answers.
So many that I had forgotten, you guys remembered. Like the peanut butter in the mugs, and remember Jelly came in glasses with different cartoon characters on them? And one of my favorite things to do was to help my granny hang clothes out on the clothesline.....no such thing as a dryer back then..lol only in the laundromat and on t.v. haha.. Did anybody else have to iron sheets and pillowcases and handkerchiefs for Sunday? My grandpa made ice cream in a wooden ice cream maker, hand cranked with plenty of rock salt around the container, and whoever helped the most, got the dasher when it was done, we worked hard that day! lol
Thanks guys, this has been so wonderful...sometimes I wish I go back to those times, but I realize that life was tough then too, but not as hectic and violent as it is now.
Update 2: Transistor radios and pen pals! Yes, yes, yes....I had penpals all over the country and the world....that helped to peak my interest in travel, I'm so glad that I was able to travel to other parts of the world and appreciate other customs and cultures. Everyone of these answers is the "best... show more Transistor radios and pen pals! Yes, yes, yes....I had penpals all over the country and the world....that helped to peak my interest in travel, I'm so glad that I was able to travel to other parts of the world and appreciate other customs and cultures.

Everyone of these answers is the "best answer" you wonderful people are making it hard for me to choose. ~sigh~