Can I use a headphone splitter to connect two sets of speakers to a laptop with only one headphone jack input?

I have an amp connected to four large speakers speakers that I connect to my computer via a 3.5mm to RCA cable. I also have a set of Logitech X-250 speakers that I used to use before I had the amp/larger speakers. However, I am wondering if I can use a headphone splitter cable like the one in the link to use BOTH... show more I have an amp connected to four large speakers speakers that I connect to my computer via a 3.5mm to RCA cable. I also have a set of Logitech X-250 speakers that I used to use before I had the amp/larger speakers. However, I am wondering if I can use a headphone splitter cable like the one in the link to use BOTH the amp/larger speakers and the Logitech speakers at the same time since my laptop only has one headphone jack input.

Headphone Splitter Cable: http://www.google.com/products/catalog?rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=&q=headphone+splitter&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=15517815941564407883&ei=d0xoTN_gFoW8lQeKv5igBQ&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=image&resnum=4&ved=0CDwQ8gIwAw#

Also, will performance be affected if this is, in fact, possible?

Thanks for the help!
3 answers 3