Where can I salvage an electronic relay switch?

I am working on a project and i need to find a simple relay switch. Does anyone have any idea where I can salvage one from? (like speakers or something) I would rather not go out and find one on the market

Best Answer

I cannot think of any household item that still use a relay. It is too easy to use diodes, transistors to switch.

Maybe find on is an old air conditioner.... car light controls.

• obee

I come on the is a special way: a relay makes use of a small modern to operate an electro magnet which attracts an armature to operate springs to modify modern in a extremely extra powerful circuit. it truly is an electromechanical gadget including the relay to flash motor vehicle headlights, case in point. Doing that electronically is doing it without shifting elements in a semiconductor gadget. Now if I remember my electronics from years in the past, a capacity transistor in person-friendly base will pass modern from the collector to the emitter even as the capacity or bias on that base is sweet. the bottom has a extreme impedance and so only attracts a small modern from the change to operate the gadget and so the lamp. The ratio of what the transistor can change to the present used to bias it really is commonplace because the transistor's benefit. So connecting the collector to the capacity rail, the light fixtures to the emitter and earth, makes the significant circuit equivalent to the relay contacts that are waiting to be energised. even as the small modern is utilized to the bottom, the transistor switches and passes the present to the effortless. it really is a great state version of the relay.

Most cars have relays for the heater motor and other accessories.

They plug in.

They will have a coil voltage of 12 volts DC.

Located under the hood, inside a plastic box with a removable cover.

Any junk yard will have them.

Radio Shack will have others with different operating voltages, for a few bucks.

Car Quest any many other automotive parts suppliers have them also.

With out more information about what you are doing, that is the best i can do for now.

Feel free to click my Avatar and email me with more information.

Wingman

Source(s): Love relays, I have a fasination with them and have built many machines using relays. 40 years experience with them.

5 bucks radio shack 12 DC BRAND NEW