Do lions eat grass like omnivores and herbivores do?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Best Answer

Lions, and indeed all cat species, are pure carnivores. They only eat meat. They can't actually digest vegetable matter. You may have seen pet cats eating grass on occasion, and then vomiting. They vomit because they are unable to digest the grass, and they deliberately eat it to make themselves sick - it helps get rid of furballs accumulated in the stomach from grooming. Lions and other big cats may also do this from time to time, but they are not 'eating' the grass as in digesting it and gaining nutrition. They are simply swallowing it to make themselves sick.

• Erika
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Herbivores That Eat Grass

• 3 years ago

with the aid of fact flowers in simple terms make up an exceptionally minuscule area of a lions weight loss plan (i'd say no longer even a million%) and prefer cats, they consume grasses and different flowers to settle their stomachs, they are nevertheless seen carnivorous. some lions in captivity/that are tame have rejected meat and quite persist with vegetarian diets. they are the severe exception no longer the rule of thumb, besides the undeniable fact that.

• Jiji
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

no.... i've seen cats (even big cats) eat grass and leaves, but it's not part of their MAIN diet.....

it's most often eaten when cats eat small herbivores, sometimes it's eaten raw..... either they like the taste, or it's a survival instinct when they're not eating enough nutrients or are hungry.....

then they vomit :D

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

lol no! They are predators and it will remain that way!

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

I doubt it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.