Why do people doubt that Sarah Palin can win the Republican nomination in 2012?

More than half of the Democrats I meet tell me that they would love it if Sarah Palin got the Republican nomination, since they're sure it would automatically hand Barack Obama the victory in 2012, and then at least 40% of Republicans view Palin favorably. This all means that Sarah Palin pretty much has all of the momentum going for her, and it should be in the bag. Shouldn't it? Isn't Sarah Palin most assuredly going to win the Republican nomination. Or am I missing something here?

Favorite Answer

yes. you are missing the 2008 election. look it up.

Obama already beat Palin.

Also, Palin is wildly unpopular with independents. so that 10% is a pretty large margin.

Recent polls show Mitt Romney as the current favorite among Republicans. But not by much. The truth is, over 40% of Republicans polled don't like any of the options they're given in the polls, which includes Romney, Palin, Gingrich and Scott Brown.

• dubuc

cutting-edge polls teach Mitt Romney simply by fact the present well known between Republicans. yet no longer by using plenty. in fact, over 40% of Republicans polled do in contrast to countless of the thoughts they're given interior the polls, which incorporates Romney, Palin, Gingrich and Scott Brown.

The more people see of her, the less they like her. If even most Republicans admit that she's not qualified to be president, how could she ever win the nomination?

Palin's base is not really very large, vocal, but small. She only appeals to a certain group of people and the party voters. (Those who will vote for any Republican.) She doesn't have enough appeal to win the GOP nomination.

• I still don't see it. Nominees will appear in the next year or two who will blow her out of the race with experience. I've only seen hard core right-wingers back her completely.

If the right is serious about getting back to their limited government roots, they will not vote for this woman.

Well, I am pretty conservative but one thing that would keep me from voting her in is that she was so quick to ridicule and criticize John McCain and his staff...saying they manipulated her in every way. If she is that easily pushed around why would I vote her in?

She seems to be doing whatever it takes to get the presidency,including bailing on her past co-candidate.

No, they will not nominate her, due to the fact, they do not want Obama to have a chance to get a 2nd term, so they will pick someone who has a better chance of winning against Obama.

Although I think she is a strong woman, and smart, no matter what other people say.

Because the Republicans REALLY want to win the Presidency. And they know that she would not be able to pull it off.

Republicans will not back her.

She is good for pissing of Libs but shes not going to be nominated.