Why do people doubt that Sarah Palin can win the Republican nomination in 2012?

More than half of the Democrats I meet tell me that they would love it if Sarah Palin got the Republican nomination, since they're sure it would automatically hand Barack Obama the victory in 2012, and then at least 40% of Republicans view Palin favorably. This all means that Sarah Palin pretty much has all of... show more More than half of the Democrats I meet tell me that they would love it if Sarah Palin got the Republican nomination, since they're sure it would automatically hand Barack Obama the victory in 2012, and then at least 40% of Republicans view Palin favorably. This all means that Sarah Palin pretty much has all of the momentum going for her, and it should be in the bag. Shouldn't it? Isn't Sarah Palin most assuredly going to win the Republican nomination. Or am I missing something here?