Anonymous

Which of these 3 middle eastern countries should I visit?

I am an American male who is very interested in traveling to a middle eastern country. Out of these three, which one is the safest/offers the most to do/is the cheapest?

Syria

Lebanon

Jordan

Favorite Answer

jordan is the safest and most accommodating, but not cheap at all. syria and lebanon are only bases for hezbollah and other terrorist groups.

I'd have to go with Lebanon, the French controlled the country for many years so it's an interesting diverse nation. Beirut was once known as the Paris of the middle east. Lebanon is also quite westernized and liberal. IE: you can wear a pair of True Region jean style shorts topped off with a low cut Tee and Jimmy Choo 'Phoenix' Espadrille Sandals, smoking a cigarette and drinking a beer and it'll be cool with the local authorities. However, if you're Jewish you might want to keep that on the QT.

Lonely Planet is a great resource for travelers - you get the lowdown on the security situation on top of all the great places to go.

From what I've read Syria sounds the best of the three. There are security alerts in effect for Lebanon and Jordan, and lots of rave reviews from travelers to Syria.

Have an awesome time!

• Sheila

Experienced Saudi Arabia and Kuwait. No the women we encountered were not oppressed. The Western World regards the Eastern World in such a strange way. Culture is different. Far be it for me The Westerner to tell The Easterner how they should conduct their lives. Hypocritical in the extreme would that be. Twilight- Keep posting like this and "Yoda Lomax" will be sitting at your feet.

Hi there:

I have not travelled to Syria or Lebanon, but last year I visited Jordan and I loved it. Wonderful historical sites to visit, great museums, wonderful food, and very kind people. I think my favourite places in Jordan were Petra and the Dead Sea. Wherever you go, enjoy.

Jordan

Jordan

Lebanon is very expensive but very beautiful

Syria is like an ara hollywood cuz most of the shows are set there.

Jordan Is Amazing and Fun but u need to go to the right places ( i've been there.)

For me it Would be

1.) Lebanon

2.)Jordan

3.)Syria

Hope i helped :)

Source(s): experince

Lebanon :)

Sooo many things to do...you can visit the mountains and the beach in one day. That's what's nice about it being a small country, you can travel it all!

• Jordan. Lebanon is a close second. Forget about Syria.