Has anyone ever loved you romantically and unconditionally?

I dont mean mother love, the love for our kids goes without saying.

I mean have you had the kind of love where you can do no wrong in their eyes, you are perfect in every way, and they love you unconditionally and with pretty well every fiber of their being, and their eyes light up when they see you and you can feel the joy of it and the love just radiating from them and you know you can count on them and they will do anything in their power to do for you and love doing it ? The kind of love where there is no keeping track of who did what for whom, who does more, who loves more etc you just BOTH give equally because you want to?

I had this once, and then he was killed in an accident and I dont believe I will ever find it or someone like him again. Complete love, faithfulness, devotion, love and loyalty to each other. You would take a bullet for the one you love without even thinking about it

Have you ever had it in your life? Or is so rare few find it and never more than once?

By unconditional love I mean someone who thinks you are perfect flaws and all. I also mean reciprocal love, where you just meld perfectly and irritations and flaws just dont seem to matter because you love each other so much that there is loyalty, fidelity, trust and you can just have a bad day and its ok, you can be yourself and its ok, not perfect but just you and thats who he loves, and thats who you love, the real person

• DeeJay
    Best Answer

Yes - my husband and I do - 52 plus years.

We somehow have remained connected through out the years.

I wish all could find the love of their life.

I am thankful each day for my dear husband.

Thank You for the question.

DeeJay.

• Baw

There are tons of wonderful literature and media to fantasize on this subject, but the warning label reads"....put your faith in no man...". In the perfect world you might find a temporary relationship that has all the chemistry, but nothing on the planet is unconditional. There are conditions and boundaries. No two people think the same or can't control each others thoughts. The hope is you can find someone to share your days with that you can be compatible and comfortable with.

• Miz D

I have unconditional love from my husband and I feel the same way about him. It's lasted over 40 years. One thing is different from your definition of romantic and unconditional love. He does not think I'm perfect (and he's not perfect either) but he loves me with all my flaws. We have had our share of rip-roaring fights through the years but I've never doubted his love or devotion.

Once in a lifetime is enough for me.

• Jack P

Yeah. Happens more than once, more than twice more than that if a person happens to have had it happen alll those times. It creates a difficult burden on the one on the recieving end if it isn't reciprocated. I'd offer the viewpoint a person's not necessarily blessed on either end of loves of that sort. Being the clinging vine is probably torture but being the clingee is also no fun.

• sunny

My Grandparents loved me unconditionally. Even my cousins tease me to this day because I was the rebel of the family and yet in my grandparents eyes I could do no wrong. However, that was not a romantic love. Romantically, my husband loves me unconditionally and I him. We have been married 38 years

• kate

I don't believe the kind of blind love you speak of is necessarily a healthy love. As humans we have weaknesses, no one is perfect. To believe your "mate" is perfect and can do no wrong is living in a fantasy world and setting yourself up for huge disappointments. People who believe that, IMO, are lacking something within themselves. I had a man who saw me that way, it was great for awhile, but I eventually realized that he was placing too much expectation on me to be perfect, to be his "everything" and it became more of a burden than a loving relationship.

I now have a mate who sees me as the imperfect person that I am and loves me anyway. He knows I am not always right. He doesn't agree with me on everything, he gets angry with me at times, and I feel the same towards him. I know I can count on him when I need him and visa versa, but our relationship is not all consuming and it is not fantasy...it is real.

Yes until the kids started coming. This beautiful little Island girl I have now thinks everything I say is written in stone and shame on anyone that offends me. I will never tell her the truth.

She thinks because I know the bible I should be put up for priesthood but then as a Catholic she doesn't like the chastity thing.

Yes, my husband and I always loved one another even when we disagreed. We recognized one another's faults and realized that the love in our relationship outweighed our individual differences and flaws. There was never a time when I doubted his feelings for me, and I believe he felt the same way.

• Cyndi

I am/have been lucky enough to have two such men in my life now.

My soul mate,who unfortunately passed from cancer.

And the man I'm with now,Who I believe was lead to me by my soul mate.We have a connection like you speak.

If it weren't for one,I wouldn't have the other.

I am truly blessed.

• Herbli

Yes, and vice versa, at least for a while. Love like that is great and fragile, and I wish all couples could feel that feeling. But then I'm an old softy.