first prayers. i may be abroad at the moment but my heart is with my countrymen, and members of my community who are in the thick of preparing and sorting donated goods. i've been in this situation before, a victim of a disaster, but in a few hours, i transformed into a volunteer in order to help lessen the impact of the disaster and i find that being a volunteer helps refocus the situation...everything is not about me, after all. btw, i draw the line when this situation is compared to katrina. the devastation might be parallel but the response of the people, especially victims, are not the same. we may be always visited by calamities but we know how to deal with these....we do not go crazy and rape young girls on their way to the toilet and kill our neighbor as some people did during that dark time. indeed, all shall be well because we know how to deal with these things.
anyways, those who can do more, aside from offering prayers and words of encouragement may use the information below for their donations
Public Service: How You Can Help The Ondoy Victims
What we need:
1) Bottled Water
2) Instant Noodles (preferrably in bowl packaging like Nissin or Lucky Me)
3) Ready-to-eat Canned Goods w/ pull tab cover (no can opener available in relief centers)
4) Bread or Biscuits
5) Coffee or Juice
6) Multivitamins (preferrably Vitamin C)
7) Medicines (Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Loperamide)
9) Old but wearable clothes
10) Slippers/ Flip flops
11) Some organizations will accept cash donations
13) Milk/ Infant Formula
for those in QC:
- go to ateneo de manila university, katipunan avenue, and proceed to the college covered courts to volunteer. shifts are in three hour cycles. you can go as early as 6AM but it goes on the whole day.
- please bring packed/cooked food to 12 Denmark, Loyola Grand Villas, QC, and help @patriciahizon whose group was the only one helping the victims in tumana today.
- @jiggycruz is mobilizing the youth who want to help, to volunteer, just go to Balay Expo Center in Cubao, Edsa cor McArthur, 8AM onwards.
- for those who want to volunteer for sagip kapamilya: call 4132667/4160387, or go to #13 examiner st., west triangle, QC.
for those in MANILA:
- DLSU along taft avenue will be accepting any and all kinds of donations starting 830AM.
for those in PASIG:
- according to @margaga, poveda school (beside galleria) opens 9AM tomorrow and is open to all volunteers and any kind of donations.
- according to @angel21kawaii, CFC Center in Ortigas is receiving donations in cash or in kind. Call (02)7270682-87 or 09195359036.
for those in MAKATI:
- you can drop of your donations at Assumption College, San Lorenzo Village, Makati
- you can drop off your donations at the following stores in rockwell powerplant mall: aranaz, luca, greyone social.
for those in TAGUIG or FORT area:
- you can drop off your donations in embassy superclub in the fort.
for those in PASAY city:
- @elizabacud shares that Manila Doctors College will also be accepting donations. Bring anything that can help at Speech Lab., Macapagal Blvd, PasayCity
for those in SAN JUAN area:
- according to @dakilangkulot, you can drop off your goods at xavier school, volunteers will sort and bring to ateneo. this is till12nn.
for those in the FAIRVIEW area:
- Help needed in Fairview and Novaliches. Please send clothes, food, water, meds & blankets to the Divine Savior Parish in North Fairview.
for those in the SOUTH (alabang, las pinas, paranaque):
- you can drop donations at the ATC concierge, call 8422782 or 7721860
- San Beda Alabang in alabang hills village is also accepting donations
- you can help pack donations 10AM at St. James Church, ayala alabang village
for those in BATANGAS:
- De La Salle Lipa is now accepting your donations, drop off point is at the college lobby.
for PETS in need of aid:
- @kimmydeleon is announcing that PARC is open for animals. Click this site for info of PAWS for helping from the flood. for the official website of paws, click here
for anyone ABROAD who wants to donate:
- you can donate through Card Card at Ayala Foundation.
- you can also call 1-800-5272820 or visit the ABS-CBN Foundation Website.
Other Ways You Can Help:
1) Visit a branch of the Philippine National Red Cross and volunteer. You can also send donations using your mobile phone: text RED AMOUNT and send to 2899 (GLOBE/TM) and 4483 (SMART/ TNT). Globe is accepting P300 txt donation.
Red Cross Website
2) Visit Citizens Disaster Response Center (CDRC)
Go To: 72-A Times St., West Triangle Homes , QC
Hotlines: 9299820, 9299822
Operations: 8 a.m. onwards.
Go To: Veritas Tower , West Ave. cor EDSA
Look For: Karla Turingan