Should I let my disabled daughter start to ride public transportation on her own?

My daughter who has Cerebral Palsy is 15 and she's almost completely helpless, she can't walk at all and cannot use her hands well but she can control her motorized wheelchair on her own. Other than that she depends on me for everything such as bathing, dressing her, feeding, going to the bathroom, carrying... show more My daughter who has Cerebral Palsy is 15 and she's almost completely helpless, she can't walk at all and cannot use her hands well but she can control her motorized wheelchair on her own. Other than that she depends on me for everything such as bathing, dressing her, feeding, going to the bathroom, carrying her from place to place. She has been telling me that she wants to start riding the buses/public transportation on her own because it will make her feel more normal. She wants to start going back and forth to school and to her physical therapy on her own. I will always be here for her and here to care for her as much as she needs it but I want her to be happy and feel that she can do something on her own even though she's physically helpless. Do you think it would be safe to let her do this? Will she be ok or should I continue taking her everywhere? We live in New York.