what will MSNBC do if the fairness doctrine is passed?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Curt J
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Nothing. The are a Liberal organization and the Fairness Doctrine seem designed to silence only Conservative organizations.

Source(s): Just my opinion and listening to Demolemmings gloat
  • Joe S
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Well liberals in the government call MSNBC the fairest news station out there. So the network would probably enjoy it for the time being... I wouldn't worry much about this "fairness" doctrine though. It's completely 100% anti-1st Amendment and most politicians in the House and Senate realize that and would never vote for such an anti-American amendment.

• 1 decade ago

"fairness doctrine". its just a word used to make pple want to vote for the stupid bill in the first place. Whats next? "the puppy dog bill" that forces pple who like Dave Chappelle to also like Carrot Top? I'll listen to who i want! its still a free country! (so far)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They would get even more radical libs on their shows. You know, to make it fair? I'm sure they wouldn't follow their own rules by having someone like say Rush on there.

Liberals are just mad that NPR sucks and everyone listens mostly to conservative talk shows.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Adam S
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Ironic question considering that it was Fox "News" that won a lawsuit by claiming that they have the right to lie in their "news" broadcasts under the First Amendment. I think Fox is more worried than MSNBC.

• 1 decade ago

They are pro Obama so that means they already are fair and balanced.

• bob n
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Change their name to Fox News they seem to get away with it.

• 1 decade ago

THE FAIRNESS DOCTRINE WILL ONLY APPLY TO CONSERVATIVE TALK RADIO

• 1 decade ago

Hopefully MSNBC CNN and FauxNews (biggest offender) go by the wayside and we can get back to NEWS and not PROPAGANDA, SPIN and SPECULATION.

• 1 decade ago

Start reporting the same crap in "nicer" way.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.