Why are there some many little kids with cell phones? And how can I convince my parents to let me have one?

I see so many little kids from 5-12 with cell phones, walking around texting people where ever they go, almost every kid in my school has one, and had one since 5th grade. It annoys the hell out of me to see a little kid with a cell phone when I don't have one at my age I'm 13, and my grandma would... show more I see so many little kids from 5-12 with cell phones, walking around texting people where ever they go, almost every kid in my school has one, and had one since 5th grade. It annoys the hell out of me to see a little kid with a cell phone when I don't have one at my age

I'm 13, and my grandma would probably buy me one, if my father approved. He's soo stubborn. He'll shoot down anything you tell him.

How can I convince them that I can have one?

Most of my faimly members have verizon, so I could call them free of charge. I could also use it to contact friends, or use it in emergency.

I once told my grandmother that my ipod touch can text (with an app).

So when I ask her if I can get a cell phone, she shoots it down saying I can text with my ipod.

What she doesn't get, is that It can only do that in Wi-Fi. -.-

So how can I convince them to let me get one?

I realy want one with a keyboard or something, but I don't realy care what kind I get, just want one.