i need help with this ISO. File. anyone.?

i downloaded the prototype game from a torrent and it finally finished yesterday and its a iso. file but i don't know how to open it or if i have to convert it or if i downloaded the wrong thing. i just want to play it lol. so what do i have to do to play it.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Download either Daemon Tools or Alcohol120.

They all have the ability to "mount" ISO images just like they were the original cd.

Once you install one of those, look down in your task bar at the bottom right of you monitor. Find the program you decided to download and right click the icon. You will then select something along the lines of "mount image" or "load image". Once you do that it's just like having a cd in a rom drive on your pc. So you can then go to My Computer and use that file just like a cd.

Hope that helps.

And to the first poster, how do you go buy a prototype of a game in the store? Beats the hell out of me.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

ISO files are not illegal, and the contents are irrelevant to anyone but the person asking the question. You need a program such as MagicISO if you don't want to burn it to disk. If you want to burn it, you can use a program like Nero to burn the image to a disk, then put it in the drive and it works. MagicISO basically makes your computer think there is a CD drive that isn't physically there. The computer then thinks the image is a disk that has been inserted into that drive. This is the best way of using an ISO file as it cuts down on burning disks

• 1 decade ago

You use a CD burning program, like Nero, and use the "Burn from image" feature. Another image burner is ImgBurn, whitch is free.

Instead of burning the image, you can also use a virtual drive (Like daemontools and alcohol120) to create a virtual cd-drive, and mount the iso file in this.

• 1 decade ago

Here's what you need to do. Go to the store and buy it there. Then put it in to your computer and install it. Works like magic!

@Goody, the name of the game is Prototype.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

you can use magic disk program to mount your game and play it on your computer. If you have a DVD burner you can burn it to a DVD. For more information and to get a free download link please visit my blog http://techguysl.blogspot.com/2008/11/working-with...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.