Help with my factory radio on a 03 Pontiac Grand Prix?

My car has low mileage, and I always maintain it. However, yesterday while driving, the display on the radio went dim. You can barely see the clock, etc. The radio functions fine otherwise. The dashboard still lights up at night as does the cd slot, etc. Is this a bulb issue inside the radio itself? I have... show more My car has low mileage, and I always maintain it. However, yesterday while driving, the display on the radio went dim. You can barely see the clock, etc.
The radio functions fine otherwise. The dashboard still lights up at night as does the cd slot, etc. Is this a bulb issue inside the radio itself? I have seen replacement ones online.....
Or is it something more complicated like wiring?
Update: I see bulbs that are available for installation to replace it. It seems as though its a common delco issue. I may replace it with an aftermarket head unit.....