Putting a x girlfriends phone number under a male name in cell phone?

non bias answers please. my partner has been caught in a lie again, concerning a x girlfriend of his, i have told him numerous time im uncomfortable with him being in contact with her, this is the same girl that he had a affair with that caused the break up of his first marriage. we have dealt with this more times... show more non bias answers please. my partner has been caught in a lie again, concerning a x girlfriend of his, i have told him numerous time im uncomfortable with him being in contact with her, this is the same girl that he had a affair with that caused the break up of his first marriage. we have dealt with this more times than i can count its been 3 years since we got together yet the relationship with the x continues, a few mornings ago i noticed his phone ringing thought it was him calling as he rarely leaves phone behind to find out its the x girlfriend and he has logged it under dave in his cell phone so i wouldnt know it was her calling and he says its for my own good as i want to fight about it when she does call. i know he is 100% in the wrong yet he continues to tell me im mental for thinking this way and i need pyscological help. i just feel that if there is nothing to hide than dont try to hide it.
Update: i should have put that we have a daughter together she is 1.5 years old, thats why it not as simple as just walking out and we are from different country's. so vistitation would be maybe 1 or 2 times a year for him.