Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Girlfriend broke up with me.?

I am a freshman in high school and my girlfriend just broke up with me. She is probably one of the most beautiful popular girls in freshman class and I worked really hard to get her and it's already over. By worked hard to get her I was "competing" with the star Senior wrestler at our school and the quarterback of the jv team. Her friends didnt like me being with her because she gave me more attention than she gave them and I think that's part of the reason. She says the main reason why she called it off is because she got grounded for about half of the summer and doesn't see how it could work out even though I told her I was willing to find a way. Now I just feel almost empty and sad all the time. What I am asking is for some advice to get over her or possibly show her that I still want to be with her and get her back.

Favorite Answer

dude listen all you need to do is sit down and talk with her. pick out a day, a day where she is not doing anything take her some where, anywhere if you dont have transportation just do it a school when you git the time to. talk to her just let her know that you still care for her. just let her know that you will be there when ever she needs you. give her time and space thats all a girl really need rite now. explain how you feel and support her and her disisions. dont get personal and dont get mad, and dont get annoying. if she cant accept that just let her go there are plenty of fish in the sea.

I'm sorry, but teenagers aren't ready for steady relationships no matter how mature they seem, or how much they say that they love you! That whole love as a brother is just a slap in the face, forget about it and just know that if you're dating someone that young that they're not looking for something steady. If you want some one who will stick with you and not change out like the days of the week then go for someone that's a LITTLE older than you, then you may have something.(Don't go to old though!)

try fixing yourself up a little. attrection is start for getting back with your ex. if your situation didn't really work or try and see if it was ment to be. like was ur relationship good or do u think she atttrective? you have to give her a gud dam reason to want to come back to you. make her see that you have become a better person or something. to get over her think about the reason u 2 broke it off in the first place. it probably wasn't ur fault. keep ur distance. u2 can b friends buh don't try or think about doing stuff that couples do like kissing sex sexual attraction etc...accept that its over. its ok 2 cry b alone n feel sad. keep gud memories buh forget the painful ones. b happy. spend time with frends an d family. learn how to let go. half this stuff i said came from me and this website. check it out. it worked 4 me n cud work 4 u

• potion

He's asking for advice.

Well think about it, she only broke up with you because she was grounded. I bet she wants to be with you but she doesn't want to leave you hanging. Your GF will possibly go back to you when her punishment is over. If thats not the problem then ask her the real reason you broke up and simply let it be. I know you care but seriously break-ups happen all the time. You're only a freshman and there are sooo many other girls.

I only read the first 2 sentences...I don't feel like reading it all.

Look. You're only in High School. You may think that everything means everything right now. But you wait until you're 25 or so. Things will be quite different. You'll have other girls that you think are the most beautiful. It's okay man.

Look for other women. You're only 14 or 15. This is the time to find the exact girl you want in life, besides the "popular" ones.

tell her be like:

i really care about you and i want us to work if there is anyway possible... i know your grounded but id do anything to make it work without you i feel empty i was really upset when you dumped me and i want to be with you if we can make it work which i think we can

or something like that....

OR to get over her

try just having fun dont think about her try hanging with the guys have competitions with ur friends at the local mall like me and my friends do...who can get the most numbers lolol try just flirting having a awesome summer and if you absolutley cant get over her then maybe when summers over try getting back together youd be suprised theres some pretty amazing girls out there maybe she just wants space to girls are confusing ...id know i am one and sometimes i dont even get myself....sometimes i get in a relationship then decide i wanna be single for a while...also some girls just like being single over summer ;) its kinda a I LIKE TO FLIRT type thing just talk to her

Don't let yourself ever feel like you own someone. Trust me just take it as a loss and hopefully one day when you both are older you can recreate something special. When most people are your age they go through so many changes and learn so much. Try and be friends even if it kills you. If she means enough to you, you will learn to be a friend.

Looks and popularity aren't every thing I'm willing to bet shes kinda a whinny little brat. Oh who's the wrestling star

aghhhh for real get over her.... she needs to get over herself.... she tried to tell you nicely she didnt want to be with you, and if you push the issue you will just make her turn mean. She is young and has so many guys after her, she is going to take advantage. You should date other girls, and find what you like in them so by the time your older you know what to look for in a woman......