To anyone who believes in a higher power, what is it that convinces you the most that there is a higher power?

To anyone who believes in a higher power, What is it that convinces you the most that there is a higher power? PLEASE exclude the bible or your own holy book from your answers.

Favorite Answer

1) Logically, either no religion is true, or one religion is true and the others are false.

2) Despite what logical positivists claim, there is no such thing as 100% total and absolute technical, clinical certainty about anything. I cannot "prove" that existence isn't some delusion in my own head, or that the universe did not pop into existence 5 minutes ago and that all my memories aren't fake, or that I'm not a "brain" in a vat-filled-with-nutrients and plugged into a computer program that I perceive to be reality.

3) Therefore, everything that everyone believes, we believe by faith. Everything. Everyone. The religious tend (for the most part) tend to be more honest about this than atheists, who still think the concept of "proof" has meaning.

4) Given 1, 2, and 3, the "true" religion would be the one that mends the broken hearts, heals the sick, feeds the hungry, houses the homeless, builds the schools and clinics and hospitals and universities and homeless shelters and soup kitchens, the one that sets addicts free from their addictions and slaves free from their slavemasters, the one that helps widows and orphans, the one that overthrows tyrants.

5) Historically, despite all its flaws and blemishes, only one religion does these things on a somewhat consistent basis.

If I said that there was a china teapot in between Earth and Mars orbiting the sun in an Elliptical fashion, no one would be able to prove me wrong if I remembered to say that it was so small that it could never be seen, even by the most powerful telescopes. But if I were to go on to say that, since my assertion cannot be disproved, it is an intolerable presumption on the part of human reason to doubt it, I should rightly be thought to be talking nonsense. If, however, the existence of such a teapot were affirmed in ancient books, taught as the sacred truth every Sunday, and instilled into the minds of children at school, hesitation to believe in its existence would become a mark of eccentricity and entitle the doubter to the attentions of the psychiatrist in an enlightened age or of the Inquisitor in an earlier time. - Bertrand Russell

I have had prayers answered by God. I ask for faith; I receive faith. I ask for peace; I receive peace. I ask for grace; I receive grace. I asked for a "church home"; I received a wonderful church and faith to call my own. I read a book in the bible and God himself told me it was true. When I was a child, I never doubted that the stories were real. Even when I wavered and had a time of spiritual crisis; I knew Jesus was real. I have studied many religions. The two that make sense to me are Judaism and Christianity. They are inseparable. Jews had an encounter with something powerful. That is the only way to explain their endurance as a people. That person was God. I have no doubt that what has been handed down to me; these five thousand years is the word of God. I can't explain faith to you. It is something that you must arrive at on your own. I hate to sound like a cliché, but it is true. Once you encounter the living God; there is no turning back.

I'm a Christian who believes that Jesus is God/Lord/the creator etc. Even me as a Christian get upset when people say look around, God created this and that and that's why you should believe. However, a lot of Christians forget that their are other religions that say the same thing (i.e. that THEIR god created the world). So, basically I believe that Jesus is God for the following reasons:

1. When I prayed, he answered.

2. He speaks to me through my conscience then confirms it through people.

3. At times my bible comes alive when I read it (google LOGOS and RHEMA)

4. When I do something wrong, I get a STRONG conviction for it.

5. He has healed me from stuff.

6. I experienced the "peace that surpasses all understanding" which is mentioned in the bible. Like seriously, I can't even explain it...

7. The majority of my church speaks in tongues and we are NOT FAKERS...shoot, we dislike fakers too. And it's NOT jibberish like people say.

Source(s): Apostolic/Pentecostal.

The Holy Spirit!!!

He is the Spirit of Christ who lives in me and testifies that Jesus Christ is really Risen from the dead, Jesus is the Divine Lord and Savior of Humanity. Peace and Love!

You recieve the Holy Spirit at Baptism. The more you pray, the more you feel the Spirit's love burn within you. The Holy Sacraments are key to life in Christ.

Define power. The fact that fusion reactions take place inside stars generates a lot more power than I'll ever have. You try taking two atoms of hydrogen and fusing them into one atom of helium. The forces of nature laugh at human definitions of power.

Pantheist.

I can step outside my door and know there is a higher power. It is the amazing earth, and love is the main prof of his existence.

• step

It is because religious people are so extraordinarily egotistical they can't comprehend that we are an evolved animal who are merely the current tenants of this planet. The Earth existed for billions of years before anything resembling man came to be, and will exist for billions more, long after we have expired.

The beauty and order of this world creation , the human need for justice ,humans love for beauty and the questions we keep asking ourselves all like what really Iam doing here why Iam here ?

Iam biologist

• Personal Experience and I don't need to convince you. Its like love -- who I choose to love and why should be my own personal business.