larry asked in Dining OutFast Food · 1 decade ago

how come mcdonald's fastfood don't provide toothpicks to their customers?

to anyone who eats out alot like me, sometimes food particles get stuck in between the teeth. a toothpick is really necessary to remove that food particle. so, how come its not being provided by Mcdonalds fastfood? the customers is entitled to full satisfaction after dining, however it only leads to a lot of irritation on the diner. what i don't understand is that other fastfood chains like jollibee, kfc, kenny rodgers etc... do provide toothpicks. so how come mcdonalds don't? mcdonalds dont even put out any notices regarding this situation, very deceitful on their part.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

too expensive

most decent sit downs provide them.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Because toothpicks are too expensive for McDonald's, They're in debt. (Like Millions of dollars!) Anyways, They'de probably make you pay like 10 cents for each toothpick, knowing them! Lol

Good Question!

• creed
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

probably cuz they don't want to spend the money or time writing tiny little precautions on the toothpick wrap so no one comes back to sue them over getting "picked" by the toothpick they "picked" up from mcdonald's carryout! ('member the coffe lawsuit that started all these trivial lawsuits??)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

hmmm....You just might be on to something.

But then again, there are some Mcdonalds, (in other countries) that are a high end restraunt, where you actually sit down and a waitor comes to you.

maybe they dont want the risk of being sued if somebody poked their eye out with it while driving. lol people will sue over anything.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

well toothpicks are unsightly in America and Mcdonalds came from the US so......what's the use of toothpicks anyway- clean your teeth out with your tounge buddy!!!

• 1 decade ago

I've never in my life seen toothpicks at fast food restaurants..

• -
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

To save money and most of their stuff is over processed it doesn't stick in your teeth the way real food does.

• 1 decade ago

Because they know their food will come out real soon one way or the other.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Come to think of it, it's true. Wow, never thought of that. Good question! Guess you would have to carry your own around.

• 1 decade ago

Worry when they take away the toilet paper.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.