Dr Jello asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 1 decade ago

Was Global Warming Officially Changed to Climate Change on Oct 24, 2006?

The EPA ran it's official Global Warming website till Oct 24, 2006. Then it closed this web site down and launched it's official Climate Change website.

Here's the link to the official EPA Global Warming website:

http://yosemite.epa.gov/oar/globalwarming.nsf/cont...

And here's the link to the official EPA Climate Change website:

http://epa.gov/climatechange/index.html

So is Oct 24, 2006 considered the official day "Global Warming" was changed to "Climate Change"?

• Zen
    Favorite Answer

I think it is to cover up any mistakes made, If it starts to cool down, which many are predicting... then that would explain it.

Climate Change to me means yes climate does change, but not as much as the msm exaggerates it.

Climate has changed for centuries, from the ice age to the dust bowl, and so on... and always will.

The climate change you are talking about is a hoax, in case it starts cooling this time, there is something to fall back on.

As in the 70's it cooled and an ice age was predicted, but didn't happen at that time nor after, but it very well easily could... Note, in the 70's when GC was the big chip, when the ice age didn't happen, there was no "Climate Change" to fall back on, so that is why the word was created.

The term "climate change" has been used since the early 1900s and most likely far beyond that. I have read some scientific literature from the early 1900s, earliest being 1908, and it does use the term "climate change".

The website listed (epa.gov/climatechange/index.html) does show on the bottom right a direct link to the "archived" Global Warming site. But the first link does take you directly to that same site, I just wanted to point out that it is a valid EPA site. At the bottom, it does say "last modified October 24, 2006". So it is safe to say that the EPA changed the term on that date.

Climate Change or Global Warming, it doesn't really matter. Terms have always been used to bring attention to an issue. While I do not believe man causing Climate Change/Global Warming (at least not to the extent being publicized), I will support cleaning up the environment and the development of alternative fuels. As long as the government lets the energy/fuel companies pay for their own R&D. Every business has to pay for it's own start up, why would Al Gore's business partners not have to? I still believe Al Gore is the reason why this has become a drama argument.

• Carlie

It must be the official day global warming stopped and the climate changed again hence the name Climate Change. LMAO. I still can't believe people are so dumb as to believe this nonsense. Hey could you look up the date that the Ice Age ceased to exist in the 1970's. I would be curious about that one too.

First it was the Ice Age. Then is warmed up and became Global Warming. Now the Earth is cooling and now we miraculously we have Climate Change.

Somethings can go by several names and still be the same thing

I would have thought you would understand that, for sure.

I want to know when the New Ice Age we were entering became Global Warming. There are so many catastrophes, I just can't keep track!

What about Y2K? Or the AIDS that was going to wipe out all human life? Or the nuclear holocaust?

Golly, I can't keep track of them all!

No.

Just a very small amount of research would tell you that the answer to your question is no.

Lol--they're keeping their bases covered in case it gets...cooler! Or snowy! Or rainy! Or tornado-y or earthquake-y! It just shows how dishonest this global warming hoax is!

• David

No, because they are not the first to use this term, as I pointed out in my question. The term has been used for as long as global warming has been talked about--ie, over 30 years.

They prefer the use of the word climate change because global warming brings about other changes in the climate system.

http://epa.gov/climatechange/fq/science.html#q1

"“the phrase ‘climate change’ is growing in preferred use to ‘global warming’ because it helps convey that there are [other] changes in addition to rising temperatures.”

Sounds like as good a day as any if you need to choose one.