Why do rich Republicans believe that it is poor people's fault that they are poor?

And that they don't deserve government assistance? Do rich people not realize that it takes money to become rich in the first place and that being born poor puts you at a severe disadvantage to access to good education, good jobs, and the ability to make money, no matter how hard you try? Why don't rich... show more And that they don't deserve government assistance? Do rich people not realize that it takes money to become rich in the first place and that being born poor puts you at a severe disadvantage to access to good education, good jobs, and the ability to make money, no matter how hard you try? Why don't rich people feel any responsibility towards those born less fortunate - do you think they are simply selfish and cruel or just ignorant?
Update: Jesus Christ, I didn't say all Republicans are rich or that all Democrats are poor. I'm just saying it's Republican policy which works against the poor. I'm not even saying all rich Republicans blame the poor. Stories like "Pursuit of Happyness" are incredibly rare and that man had a... show more Jesus Christ, I didn't say all Republicans are rich or that all Democrats are poor. I'm just saying it's Republican policy which works against the poor. I'm not even saying all rich Republicans blame the poor.

Stories like "Pursuit of Happyness" are incredibly rare and that man had a special talent. Stories of people abusing welfare are aren't as common as you think. Most people who are on welfare need it. The media just chooses to portray happy, hopeful poor people because it makes society oblivious to the troubles of the poor.

You do not choose to be rich or poor. You are born rich or poor. If you are born poor, you will more than likely stay poor. If you are born rich, you will more than likely stay rich. The amount of education one has is usually proportional to the amount of money they make - poor people do not have equal access to education. Schools in poor neighborhoods are usually never sufficient and very few poor people can afford college.
Update 2: I'm not advocating for taking people's tax money and just sending it to the poor. I'm advocating for using that money to establish better schooling, cheaper housing, college grants, and better job opportunities and loan availability for the poor.