Why can't I find a girlfriend (pic)?

I'm 16. I won't proclaim to be great looking, I have mild acne, which after two doctors visits, I just won't lose it until I'm in my twenties (I use products regularly). I'm in good shape (I ride my bike to and from school fourteen miles a day), I get along with everyone at school (no... show more I'm 16. I won't proclaim to be great looking, I have mild acne, which after two doctors visits, I just won't lose it until I'm in my twenties (I use products regularly). I'm in good shape (I ride my bike to and from school fourteen miles a day), I get along with everyone at school (no exceptions), so I might assume I have a decent personality. I keep clean, iron my clothes, shave, and I keep a messy haircut (not to long though). I talk well, listen to people, make friends easy enough. I can't find a girlfriend.

I've never dated, never kissed, and yes, I have tried. I've been rejected eleven times. I've tried asking some in the first two-three weeks, some in a few months, and I always get the same, "Sorry! I..I just don't feel that way about you." (and then the relationship goes awkward and they stop talking to me. Usually I become the 'great' guy who listens to them and all. Then my friends (girls ones), will say, "Aww, I'm sure there's one for you!" Yeah thanks for the assurance, it really seems to have some effect on me.

I've also had people say "Pot luck mate, just ask one-hundred your sure to get a hit", maybe I do believe that, but it's not my nature to just rapidly ask out even one two or three girls in quick concession. Just isn't me.

Now I come to my question, what's up with me? I go to a school with 1500 girls, and I can't find one? I use to be chubby, so I worked it off. Now I'm slender, yes I know I have acne, but its not very noticeable, and not EVERYONE is bothered by it. Even if 50% of the girls were immediately turned off, out of seven hundred and fifty I can't find ONE?

What am I missing? I am unique as is my friend, some twenty random people in the past two years have talked to us when we happen to be in their classes and they say that people know us for being unique in a good way, to say, we aren't afraid to be ourselves. That doesn't mean I walk with underwear on my head, it just means I don't do EVERYTHING that others do. Silly example: On my vans, I tie my laces on top, I just like snug shoes. I have some European power metal band shirts, went abroad to Portugal for eight months, and get along with a diversity of people (preps to nerds (i dont label, but for the sake of comprehension, black to asian, you get the point).

Honestly..what's wrong with me? Why can't I find that "Special girl", you can tell me I'm young, I've got plenty of opportunities, but I see guys EVERYDAY with girls, some have had twenty, and they COMPLAIN! Sheese, I'd kill for just one. I don't need one to be kissing all the time, not for sex, just someone to be able to spend time with, hug, and walk around a park and lie down on the grass on a Saturday at four p.m.

A few weeks ago a girl told me she thought I was cute. We talked for a while, never went anywhere (different personalities), but it did let me know, that some girls do find me attractive. She's a pretty, intelligent blond who I use to know in grammar school.

Well...I know..I'm writing this essay and your thoughts (wow this is sad! this guy must be real desperate!) Well yeah...to some degree I am. I've read about pointers, clean yourself, good speech, listen and all. I really try to be myself and be friendly to others, I'm lost. Why can't I be the guy who's had two to three, maybe the guy with a history of girlfriends. I watch them kiss, hold hands, hug, I would kill for that..what I can do?

http://s711.photobucket.com/albums/ww118/spacemnspiff/?action=view&current=Me.jpg (at night)

http://s711.photobucket.com/albums/ww118/spacemnspiff/?action=view&current=04-20-09_1552.jpg (after school)