Need advice on memorizing times tables?

I've been tutoring this third grader for the past 3 weeks.. coming 4 times a week (4 hours each week). When I'm with her, she can have acceptable short term memorization and get the answers to the facts. However, the next day that I see her.. she forgets everything! I've tried having her listen... show more I've been tutoring this third grader for the past 3 weeks.. coming 4 times a week (4 hours each week).

When I'm with her, she can have acceptable short term memorization and get the answers to the facts. However, the next day that I see her.. she forgets everything!

I've tried having her listen to schoolhouse rock multiplication songs... doing multiplication games... doing multiplication wrap ups... associating numbers to words..

And she LOVES seeing me, which is great.. and her mom doesn't mind that she's not progressing that fast (because her mom knows she has a hard time memorizing things).

So my question.. should I just continue what I'm doing (making it fun) and hope one day it'd magically click?

Should I only go over one fact a day.. and see if that helps? I know she'd be incredibly bored with that... but maybe that's what she needs?