Can god really be blameless?

I've heard this so many times, and I still don't understand the logic behind it. Whenever something bad happens, it's our fault. It's our fault we brought sin into the world. How is god blameless in this? He created us. We, and everything else that exists in our universe, are gods responsibility. That responsibility cannot be pawned off on us just because things went awry.

Think of it this way: Say scientists created a robot capable of thinking freely for itself and making its own decisions. Free will, in other words. One day it decides that it wants to go on a killing spree, and it proceeds to do so. Who would be to blame here? Would you put the blame on the robot because it freely chose to commit this act? If so, why? Why wouldn't you blame the scientists? They created it, they're the ones who gave it free will, when they could have easily programmed any number of limits.

Please note: I don't want to hear "Well are parents responsible for what their kids do when they're adults?" or anything similar. We procreate, but we do not create. Our children are not brand new creations, they're merely the next generation of our species. God is the scientist, all responsibility falls on him.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The reason you don't want to hear, well are parents responsible for what their child do, is exactly the truth. You don't like to hear the truth, but guess what. ITS THE TRUTH.

It is people like you who I would like to see as a puppet being control of and than let's see how much you would talk than.

• 1 decade ago

yes, God is the Almighty being, and so He is perfect.

However, there may be a number of reasons why we sin.

We sin when we're not connected with God and His thinking.

And we sin because through Adam and Eve, sin was brought into the world. So sometimes it was Satan who was influencing us.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Your analogy is inaccurate. first and foremost we are all sinners and the wages of sin is dying through fact no longer something sinful can stay with God (and God isn't accountable for the actual fact we are sinners). Secondly God can provide us salvation from eternal dying or hell if we will settle for the present of salvation gained for us by way of Christ. So the appropriate analogy is of a guy approximately to fall right into a deep pit or interior the technique of drowning whom somebody else throws a rope to which facilitates him to flee by way of grasping carry of the rope. in spite of the incontrovertible fact that over that's the reality of predestination meaning in basic terms those whom God chooses to save would be saved, through fact in basic terms those draw close the rope whom God enlightens approximately their seize 22 situation. maximum folk do no longer know that they are approximately to fall right into a pit or drown and so do no longer attain out to attraction to close the rope. in spite of the incontrovertible fact that even if it variety of feels unjust of God to no longer enlighten each and every person we could desire to consistently no longer decide God by way of our constrained human reason. What seems unjust to us now in this existence won't seem that way interior the subsequent, a minimum of to Christians.

• 1 decade ago

Absolutely! It's kind of hard to blame the non-existent.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

God is blameless, he gave you free will, you chose to screw up.... all you had to do is not eat the fruit lol.

• anon
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

God is holy but we can be blameless

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

god is not blameless. he created sin so he should burn in the hell that he created

• 1 decade ago

I'm not answering your question, I just want to let you know I agree that it's illogical.

• 1 decade ago

its a good question, I have asked this same thing also in chat rooms, sadly all i got was, "Don;t blaspheme"!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You shouldn't question God.

Or else he will use His love to send you to Hell forever.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.