how would you know what's eating your pc memory?

my pc has 63 gb capacity.. but i its free memory is only 3 gb.. the problem is i can't find where is or what is eating my memory up or what's using it.. my pc has few movies. songs and videos.. but thinking sensibly.. those could not occupy 63 gb of memory.

I assume you mean HDD space and not Random Access Memory, because 63GB of RAM would be pretty fair for anybody at the moment i reckon!

But try going to the properties of your C and D drive and having a look there.. Did you create extra partitions on your hard drive??

Could be programs or games or anything really!

Go through windows explorer or the mac equivalent if applicable.

If in doubt restore your system with the OS disk.

Source(s): I am a geek.
  • beene

even in the journey that your working WinXP, 256Mb of RAM isn't close to sufficient! upload greater memory, that's a good purchase suitable now. it's going to be getting greater high priced quickly. upload a minimum of yet another 256Mb. in the journey that your working Vista the bare minimum is 1GB of RAM. So, in case you have not got Vista yet, yet plan to get it, advance your memory as much as 1GB now. Your on board photos consume multiple memory. Getting a PCI video enlargement card will help you there. yet, 1GB of RAM will help. additionally get better abode windows Care from iobit, there's a gadget on it observed as "memory cleanser" which will help launch the quite a few memory.

A good disk space analyzer can be found at http://www.jgoodies.com/freeware/jdiskreport/ . You can run it directly off the website with Java Webstart. It will tell you exactly which folders are big and where the space is going.