regine asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

our prom is fast approaching.. i have this back arm fat and a little in my tummy.. what should i do?

Favorite Answer

there are products/bodyshaping garments that help to slim the stomach without having to do a lot of work...but the arm fat thing is going to prob take some toning exercises

"Spot reduction" is a myth. It's impossible to choose where you want to lose fat from. Doing curls will not get rid of arm fat and crunches will not get rid of a belly. Read up: http://www.exrx.net/WeightTraining/Myths.html

To lose fat:

1. DON’T BELIEVE THOSE FAD DIETS! DIET PILLS ARE GIMMICKS! Yes, Acai berries/pills/juice is a fad diet.

2. DO NOT STARVE YOURSELF! Unless you are 4ft tall, a 1,200 calorie a day diet is DANGEROUS and won't work in the long run.

3. Calculate your BMR. Do a google search. A good calculator would ask for your age, height, weight, and activity level.

4. Eat healthy and eat about 500 calories a day less than your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR). Your BMR is how many calories you need per day to maintain your current weight.

5. Eat 5-6 small meals a day. This keeps your metabolism up. Each meal should include fruits, veggies, water, and protein.

5. Drink at least 64oz (8 8oz glasses) of water a day. No soda (that includes diet soda).

6. Do light/moderate cardio 3 to 5 times a week for 30 to 45 minutes each time. Running, bicycling, and swimming are great for this.

7. Do some strength training to make sure you lose fat and not muscle. Don't worry; you won't look like the hulk if you lift weights.

8. You should lose about 1-2lbs (.45-.9kg) per week. If you lose more than that, chances are the rest is stool, water weight, or even muscle mass.

9. Weigh yourself only once a week at the same time (ie every Friday morning). Your weight fluctuates a lot during any 24hour period because of water and food intake and also bowel movements.

Be patient and be smart. If you follow this guideline you will be very happy with your results.

• mcveay

you need to not be on a weight loss plan at 15 that's for confident. i'm additionally purely 17 so i'm no longer providing you with known grownup suggestion - purely suggestion which you will with a bit of luck pay attention to. At 15 do no longer weight loss plan, which could do greater harm than sturdy. purely consume healthily and exercising i.e. run somewhat of walk, a pair of cases a week. As to your tummy, perform a little sit down-ups, perhaps like 20 an afternoon to start. try this besides as a properly-known run and you will gain outcomes. Arm 'fat' will decrease as you run greater; i does no longer advise weight education at your age, as properly you don’t choose to finally end up looking like a woman bodybuilder.

I'm sure you are absolutely beautiful just the way you are! But, if you want to "tone up" a bit, try some cardio and drink lots of water. If you can, drink nothing but water. I know a few people who have lost tons of weight by simply drinking water only! You could try runing on the treadmill, or if it is nice outside, run outdoors. Running is the best exercise in my opinion. When I am done, I feel like I worked every muscle in my body. Good luck!

if u keep starving yourself itll work. I was messed up on stuff and I didnt eat but once every 3 days and was fine 4 two years. got down to 100 pounds and loved it.

mine too .. i have the same problem i have just been tryin to cut back on calories and will start working out just lift some lite weights to tone the arms and run on the treadmill! good luck =)

• doc

Day to day keep on truckin and enjoy the prom when it comes that time.

Forget your diets and weight loss tablets!

Exercise, and lots of it!

Trust me it really works

work out and eat better.