I beat the Pokemon League in Emerald... is my file SUPPOSED to be deleted?

Been playing Pokemon Emerald for almost two weeks, and I managed to defeat the Pokemon League. I've been using a rom, but I haven't had any problems with glitches or lost info or anything. Haven't used cheats. But after they showed the final animation of the main character and May riding their bikes, and it said "The End", a message popped up saying the file was deleted! It's never done that in previous Pokemon games... is it supposed to do that in Emerald or did my file somehow mess up?

FinalHearts- Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

geckos1218- I didn't turn it off in the middle of saving. I'm always very careful not to do that.

Favorite Answer

Depends what emulator you used, I use Visualboy advance and it did this to me to on LeafGreen, you have to change the save type to 128k and start a new game, cause your current game is already corrupted.

Worked for me anyway, but since it's not the same game it might not be the same problem.

nope just means you turned it off in the middle of saveing is all

Your file corrupted. It was just a coincidence that it happened at that time.