What is SO bad about Obama?

I'm asking in the R&S section because I'm interested in what Christians think on this issue. I've browsed around a lot of Christian forums and noticed a lot of hatred and seemingly unfounded speculation about the President Elect. A lot of you seem to believe that he's going to outlaw Christianity and/or religion as a whole, and start a nazi-like campaign against you. I'd really love to know where you come up with these wild accusations. A lot of you believe he is the anti-Christ, which is absurd, because there have been countless world leaders throughout time who have been accused of the same thing. I've noticed that some of Obama's personal facts, as well as scripture, have been twisted to make him fit the bill. I don't want to hear about how evil he is just because he supports abortion, lest I remind you that your golden boy, George Bush, had 8 years and abortion is still with us. So anyway, I'd like to know where you're getting some of these things and what you personally think will be bad about his term.

@ Mooshy- I haven't "fallen" for anything. If you had bothered to read my question you would have seen that I said that I have browsed many Christian forums. This isn't some assumption I'm making, I've actually read these things from a lot of Christians.

Favorite Answer

His middle name is Hussein and his name rhymes with osama.

Source(s): sarcasm

I am about as fundamentalist Christian as you can get. I like Obama as a person. I am not a fan of abortion and the world system in general. Before Obama got the democratic nomination he was talking like he supported everything that goes against Biblical values and his church was so biased racially that I couldn't tell if they were even Christians. It seems that now he has done a 180 degree turn around and is sort of a conservative centrist (for lack of a better term). I personally like him more then the Clinton's. I feel bad for him because you can already see the media and liberals getting ready to pounce on him because they hate whoever the sitting president is regardless of what they stand for. I live in Georgia. People here use political bias as a mild cloak for racism. Many people here see him as "BLACK" and that is evil to those who claim "Conservative Christianity" as a social identity. They are as phony as the trolls that claim they are "Atheist" who spend all day fighting against something they say doesn't exist.

• Abriel

I think it's ridiculous to make assumptions about how the man will do as President before he's even in office yet. I hear all sorts of predictions everywhere, both good and bad. Myself I'm going to wait until the man is actually President and has been for several months before I make a judgement.

Oh and FYI, for anyone who questions his stance on Christianity...he has a very well-known Evangelical who is pro-life and anti-gay marriage officiating at his inauguration.

Nothing bad about Barak Obama. He has the toughest job with the mess left behind, his inheritance. Just as Gordon Brown has a tough time after Blair. Blair/Bush, Bush/Blair, the historical writings will be interesting some 10 years from now.

If you listen to the fundamentalists you'll get your brains scrambled. They'll bend a hello into something which fits their religious/political stance. If they can't play the religious card, they'll play the being a good citizen card to get people to accept or do what they want.

Quite frankly I think that Obama was our best candidate running. I voted for him. Everyone should know by now that our choices for president usually end in picking the lesser of two evils. Besides, I think we should probably wait to b*tch about Obama until he screws something up. He has a lot of good ideas and everyone should know by now that it is going to take a while to get our country back on track after we elected the last screw up Bush. Seriously it really doesn't make any difference though, everyone is going to disagree on politics its human nature. Not to mention the fact that half our country can't even name all the damn presidents shows exactly how freakin intelligent we all are.

Don't you know that it's already leaked out that even though he said he quit smoking, HE HASN'T!!!!

The man is obviously a pathological liar, and a substance abuser! What more do you need to know!

I mean what worse, telling little white lies based on faulty intelligence which just happen to lead your country into seven years of warfare can causes deaths of merely a few hundreds of thousands of civilians, in, what ultimately has to be admitted, was a just cause.

Or telling lies about your adulterous sex life! That's the kind of lie that sends people to hell. That's why Clinton was impeach for his lie, and W wasn't impeach for lying about Nigerian uranium. And Obama is just more of Clinton. He's even taken that witch, the other Clinton, into his cabinet. Need I say more!

(and I know it's been thoroughly debunked in the liberal press, but I still say the man's a muslim and isn't an American citizen in any case.)

Edit: Hmmmmm, interesting....Are the thumbs down from people who support Obama and think I'm being serious, or from folks who are Anti-Obama and know I'm being sarcastic? That's the problem when you use Poe's law.

Poe's Law states:

“ Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing[1] ”

Poe's Law relates to fundamentalism, and the difficulty of identifying actual parodies of it. It suggests that, in general, it is hard to tell fake fundamentalism from the real thing, since they both sound equally ridiculous. The law also works in reverse: real fundamentalism can also be indistinguishable from parody fundamentalism. For example, some conservatives consider noted homophobe Fred Phelps to be so over-the-top that they think he's a "deep cover liberal" trying to discredit more mainstream homophobes.

Source(s): Poe's Law
  • Dave

what is wrong with Obama?

~he is anti-second ammendment

~he is pro all stages of abortion

~he is for "the global poverty act" which if passed will make everyone have to pay more taxes to the UN

~he is for The creation of a U.N. International Criminal Court having the power to try and convict American citizens and soldiers without any protection from the U.S. Constitution

~wants A standing United Nations Army forcing U.S. soldiers to serve under U.N. command.

~and lastly The ratification of the ' Kyoto ' global warming treaty. (which would only effect the US, and make our country poorer and others richer)

that and his want to make this country more socialist is why i will never vote for him.

• Jimbo

Clearly however terrible he may be, he is not so awful that a voting majority of Americans have elected him president. That shows a pretty high degree of faith in the man, by anyone's standards. Of course, they may not all be right - I mean, look at YHWH!

I'm Canadian, and I can tell you how absolutely elated I am about the new president elect. I feel like he has the potential to make a real positive difference in your country and more importantly in the world. All that talk about him being the anti christ and evil is just bull.

He IS a Christian and many Christians voted for him. Atheists have a problem with him too not just Christians since many Christians support him.

He comes from my state, which is THE most corrupt state, and he selected an advisor from the state Capital where our Governor is in bigtime trouble.. and on top of it he selected Arne Duncan as chief of Educaiton when our state has the WORST record of schools and test scores in the country... I'd say that as a virtual unknown, what Obama can do remains to be seen.