Mario Party 8 or Mario Kart for the Wii?

Okay, I already know I am going to be in deep with " Go Mario Kart!!!" answers, but the thing is.. I am absolutely terrible at racing. .. I mean if it's fun enough, it's probably worth it, but I'm not too sure.. I've heard lots of good things though... But Mario Party 8 seems... show more Okay, I already know I am going to be in deep with " Go Mario Kart!!!" answers, but the thing is..

I am absolutely terrible at racing.
.. I mean if it's fun enough, it's probably worth it, but I'm not too sure..
I've heard lots of good things though...

But Mario Party 8 seems pretty cool. I'm not into having to .. 'follow' along; I like being able to turn on the game and go, so I think that might be a minor setback. But I really like mini games, so it seems pretty fun. Also, I haven't heard too many amazing things about this..

So before answering take into consideration:
*terrible at racing* (the outside railings have become my bestfriend)
*do enjoy minni games*
*don't like to have to follow along.. or LONG captions that I have to read in order to understand the game (I can stand captions to a degree)

Please, answers, A.S.A.P .. I would like to decide on this today so that I could get my game faster. =] Thanks, and Happy New Year.