Should I buy a Xbox 360 vs. Wii?

I wanted to buy one of these consoles but I'm not positive on what I want. At first it was Xbox 360 vs. PS3 but the Xbox 360 won because it's cheaper and has more games. But recently I played the Wii and kinda like it, and kinda not. But my sister and girlfriend love it. I think family wise the Wii will... show more I wanted to buy one of these consoles but I'm not positive on what I want. At first it was Xbox 360 vs. PS3 but the Xbox 360 won because it's cheaper and has more games. But recently I played the Wii and kinda like it, and kinda not. But my sister and girlfriend love it. I think family wise the Wii will definitley be the better choice, but with the game selection I feel like it would be limited to what I really want. I also got a little bored of it after a while.

The Xbox 360 has everything I want with the games and controlers (even though I've never played it), but I heard it has a pretty high failure rate which is not something I want to happen to me (because knowing me it would take forever to send it in to get get fixed). And I don't want a system that I spent a whole lot of money on just to mess up on me, since I had that happen to my PS2 twice.

So even though it's clear that I want a Xbox 360 more, should I take the risk of buying a Xbox 360 or Wii.