Do you think American cities will finally get decent public transportation?

8 freaking lanes in cities like Atlanta are ridiculous. If there were public transport, that wouldn't be needed. Detroit would benefit tremendously from public transport to the city, but of course, the auto companies won't allow that. Thankfully, they're soon to be DOA. Will Obama encourage mass... show more 8 freaking lanes in cities like Atlanta are ridiculous. If there were public transport, that wouldn't be needed. Detroit would benefit tremendously from public transport to the city, but of course, the auto companies won't allow that. Thankfully, they're soon to be DOA.

Will Obama encourage mass transit around America?

I mean come on, the Caribbean island where I came from had all sorts of public transportation, from buses to vans that acted as buses, why can't most cities in America?
Update: I looked at an article that said gas prices were $1.05 a liter in US dollars in 2006, so I think that equals about around $3.80 here, using the conversion system of 1 gallon to 3.78 liters., something like that.