Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Would it Be A Wise Move for Democrats to Help Palin Win The Republican 2012 Primaries?

Considering that Obama's nomination will be a foregone conclusion and considering that Palin stands no chance of defeating him (or anybody) do you think it would be wise for Democrats to cross over to make sure Palin wins the Republican primaries in 2012?

• momw
    Best Answer

That would certainly insure Obama's reelection.

• Paco

In 1984 Presidential Candidate picked Geraldine Ferraro to be his VP running mate (6 weeks earlier than Sarah Palin was picked). He was the underdog and he was hoping that a woman would shake up the race. He was counting on capturing the imagination of the public to make up for her relative inexperience. They lost by a landslide. Unfortunately Geraldine Ferraro did not have a political position to return to (unlike Sarah Palin).

She quickly slid into almost complete obscurity. A decade later Clinton picked her to serve two years as United States Ambassador to the United Nations Commission on Human Rights.

========

I don't think there is any conceivable way that you could know if Palin is going to slip out of the national spotlight. She may do a fine job as governor for the next six years, and she may be a candidate in 2012. She may be completely overshadowed by someone else by then.

---So no, I don't think it would be wise.

Democrats who believe in the values that have longed defined the Democratic Party should be honest and vote Green or Socialist, because Clinton & Obama are farther to the right than Barry Goldwater and Dwight Eisenhower otherwise you're just supporting the lesser-evil wing of the corporate party and your victories are losses

That's 3 years down the road. People may feel a whole lot different about Obama in the next 3 years. If he does a mediocre job he'll more than likely get his parties nomination. However, if he doesn't do much he may find himself without a job.

Palin will probably do better without McCain.

And it seems a little early for you to suggest that Obama will be easily nominated or possibly re-elected in 2012. He hasn't even taken office yet! He could be the greatest political disaster of the 21st century. Who knows?

• LJ

I think that people should support candidates that they really want to win.

Otherwise, things can really backfire on you!

I hate Palin. I don't think she's electable, I think that she has such high negatives, she could never become the nominee. But I don't really want to find out.

I heard enough of the hate she spewed during the election, thank you very much. I don't think it was good for anyone!

• Cherry

No, because unless the people in this country raise their collective I.Q.s before 2012, Palin would win. We can't let her back into the public consciousness.

Absolutley. Palin could NEVER beat Obama in 2012....infact i hope republicans are stupid enough to vote her in.

A presidential election is not a TV show like "Survivor" with it's strategies and alliances. Let's just play it like we did this last time, and we'll do it again--re-elect Obama, that is.

maybe, but then she would have become strong enough, and would have learned about what she's doing to thrash Obama

and the way it's looking, he's not gonna be that popular in 2012. Although she may not whant that job