Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAsia PacificPhilippines · 1 decade ago

What are the 10 most important places to travel to in the Philippines as a tourist?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

It really depends on your preferences. Personally, here are my top picks:

Coron, Palawan - for the beaches. Island hopping in Coron is a must. The waters are clean and the marine life is so diverse. They also have Kayangan Lake which is really lovely.

Puerto Princesa, Palawan - eco-tourism at its best. They have Sabang Beach, the Underground River etc. The food here is the best because the cost is cheap. Read about it in my blog:

http://manila-mania.blogspot.com/2008/06/touring-p...

Cebu

A fusion of history, fine dining and luxurious travel. Many 5-star resorts are here.

Bohol

Aside from the Chocolate Hills, they have nice beaches too.

Boracay

Too crowded, yes but I've been to many beaches and Boracay's sands are still the best anywhere. And yeah, I hailed from this island paradise. Love your own, so they say.

Manila

Shopping. Dining. History. People.

Ilocos

History. Vigan. Pagudpod Beach. Pottery.

Tagaytay

Where the view is great. And the air smells crisp and fresh. And where many good restaurants are located.

Am still thinking of two more. :) There are just too many.

Source(s): I am a wide-eyed traveler and observer.
  • 1 decade ago

In my opinion

1. Baguio City, Philippines - absolutely amazing. its considered to be very clean than most cities, there are some malls, and historical sites.

A good hotel to stay at is http://www.bloomfieldhotel.com/

2. Passay City, Philippines - It's close to the international airport, located in the heart of Manila, might be a bit crowded. there is this HUGE mall there, infact the largest in the phils http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SM_Mall_of_Asia (notice I'm a fan of huge malls)

3. Bohol, Philippines - Bohol is known for the chocolate hills , they aren't made of chocolate by the way. but it is a truly amazing sight! http://www.bohol.ph/

Hmm.. can't really think of anymore, since I have yet to experience some. Those 3 are just from past experiences. I would do a research before going to the philippines, since there are some places you should avoid- Midinao is known for where alot of Muslims, that cause trouble (kidnapping, etc.) so I'd stay away from those parts.

But overall the Philippines is a really nice place to visit (: I hope you enjoy your stay in the Phils! http://www.experiencephilippines.ph/

Oh & if your looking for more info check out happyslip on youtube , she has some vids where she tours some of the famous parts oh the philippines! (:

• Jex
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

1. Baguio City (inc La Trinidad and Banaue)

2. Hundred Island

3. Subic

4. SM Mall of Asia

5. Luneta for the sunset

6. Cebu

7. Bohol

8. Boracay

9. Palawan (do not forget Coron)

10. Davao

A†Ω™

• Nna g
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

1. Bohol

2. Puerto Prinsesa Palawan

3. Cagayan de Oro City, best thing about this place is its a gateway to other places such as Camiguin Island, Bukidnon, Iligan, and other tourist spots .

Bukidnon. I rode a bus going to davao from cdo and the views of the mountains are spectacular. I would have appreciated it more if I have my own ride and able to stop along the way.

4. Baguio City + Mountain Province / Ifugao

5. Vigan/ Ilocos Sur

6 Cebu City

7. Tagaytay

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jim S
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

The 10 most IMPORTANT?

1. Lapu Lapu shrine on Mactan Island to understand that Filipinos want to be their own people and will repel hostile aliens. The Spanish erected a monument on the site to pay tribute to their fallen hero Ferdinand Magellan. After the Spanish left, the Filipinos erected a monument on the same site to the real hero, Lapu Lapu.

2 & 3. Sto Nino Basilica in Cebu City and/or San Agustin Church in Intramuros, Manila to gain an understanding of how the Spanish used the Sto Nino (doll of the baby Jesus) to bring about the capitulation of the Filipinos. Also see artwork dipicting the standing Spanish soldiers while the Filipinos are shown prostrate in front of the Sto Nino. It shows to me that the Spanish obviously thought themselves superior to the Filipinos and to the Sto Nino.

4 & 5. Fort San Pedro in Cebu City to see where the Spanish invasion began and Fort Santiago in Manila to see where it continued when the capital transfered. Also Fort Santiago to see where the Spanish murdered the Filipino hero Jose Rizal.

6. Casa Manila in Intramuros. To see how the Spanish lived and to realise that there was a period in time when the British were in charge.

7. MacArthur monument in Palo near Tacloban, on the site where General MacArthur "returned" to the Philippines.

8. Anywhere outside the cities, not designated as a tourist area, so that you can see how real Filipinos live.

9. Terminal 3 in Manila to realise that all foreign investors should be careful when dealing in the Filipino economy

10. Nearest bureau of Immigration for a visa extension

Or did you really want a list of the nicest places to visit?

Regards: Jim Sibbick

Source(s): Personal experience
  • MatT
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

1. Palawan (Saint Paul Subterranean RIver, El Nido, Bacuit Archipelago, Honda Bay, Dos Palmas Resort, Culion, Vietnamese Village, Tabon Caves, Spratly Islands)

2. Batanes (Batan Island, Itbayat Island, Fuga Island)

3. Boracay (Entire island)

4. Amanpulo (Entire island)

5. Cebu and Bohol Islands (Cebu City, Mactan Island, Maribago Bluewater Resort, Malapascua Island, Moalboal, Chocolate Hills, Panglao Island, Pungtud Island)

6. Metropolitan Manila (Roxas Boulevard, Ayala Center, Ortigas Center, Rockwell Center, Eastwood City, Tomas Morato Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Ninoy Aquino Wildlife Park, Alabang, Mall of Asia, North Triangle in Quezon City, Intramuros, Chinese Cemetery, Divisoria, San Juan, Rizal Park, Manila Oceanarium, Las Pinas City, Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 3)

7. Ilocos (Pagudpud beaches, Paoay Sand dunes, Vigan Mestizo district)

8. Cordillera Mountains (Baguio City, US Former Military Reservation

of Camp John Hay, Asin Springs, Sagada, Banawe, Bontoc, Tabuk, Apayao provinces, Ambuklao dam, Mummies)

9. Southern Luzon (Tagaytay City, Terrazas de Punta Fuego, Lake Caliraya, Angono Petroglyphs, Mount Makiling, Mount Banahaw, San Benito Farm, Punta Baluarte Resort, Taal Lake, Lucban Town in Quezon Province, Balesin Island, Mayon Volcano, Caramoan Peninsula, Quezon National Forest Park, Catanduanes Islands)

10. Central Luzon (Former US Naval Base in Subic Bay, Former US Airforce Base in Clark, Mount Pinatubo, Candaba Swamp, Lunar landscapes spanning Bamban town in Tarlac province, Stunning landscapes in Gabaldon zigzag during dusk)

Source(s): A well-traveled person. All the above places are the best of the Philippine Islands. When you've visited all of them, then you've seen practically the best of what the Philippines can offer. I have not included Mindanao because as of now, it is quite dangerous for foreign travelers there, but a trip to Mindanao would not be complete without going to the following places: Siargao Island, Diwalwal Gold Mines (dunno if it's already closed), Island Garden City of Samal, Mount Apo, Alah Valley, Marawi City, Dakak, Sitangkai in Sibutu island (Venice of the east), and Turtle Island (which is just a hop away from the Malaysian border in the water).
  • Juan C
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

here are my lists:

10.) Bohol (white sand beaches and resorts, scenic natural attractions, home of the Philippine Tarsier, Chocolate Hills, mahogany forests, great architectural building such as old churches, etc.)...

9.) Banawe Rice Terraces (a UNESCO World Heritage Site)...

8.) Samal Island (in Davao Del Norte, white sand beaches, crystal waters, caves and others, and lots of fun activities, snorkeling, mountain climbing, spelunking, etc.)...

7.) Metro Manila (countless high-end shops, tons of shopping malls and bargains, night life, old churches, Intramuros, Malacañang Palace,The Manila Hotel, Baywalk, Fort Santiago, Manila Zoo, etc.)...

6.) Baroque Churches (UNESCO World Heritage List: San Agustin Church in Manila, Nuestra Señora de la Asuncion in Santa Maria, Ilocos Sur, San Agustin Church in Paoay, Ilocos Norte, Sto. Tomas de Villanueva Church in Miag-ao, Iloilo)...

5.) Cebu (very historical, has lots of beaches and resorts, landmarks such as Magellan's Cross, Basilica Minore del Santo Niño, Taoist Temple, China/Korea/Japantowns, Fort San Pedro, lots of high end shops, and many festivals are held here, such as the well-known Sinulog, and many more)...

4.) Boracay (white fine sand, blue color beaches, and there are lots of fun, night life, scuba diving, windsurfing, kiteboarding, and many more)...

3.) Pagudpud (in Ilocos Norte, less crowd and more romantic and classy than Boracay)...

2.) Batanes Islands (Philippines' version of Ireland, a natural beauty)...

1.) Palawan (Tubbattaha Reefs, Coron Reefs, El Nido, Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park, Tabon Caves, seacows, and other natural wonders)...

• 1 decade ago

Go to our famous beaches in borocay, palawan, and subic. You could also visit Cebu, Davao, Bohol and Banawe. But on't forget to drop by in Ilocos sur and of course Luneta Park.. You could browse the web if you want to see the sites...

• 1 decade ago

Go to Palawan, it is a hidden paradise. Search Palawan on Google for pictures and you'll know what I mean.

• TonyB
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

What Jim Sibbick said above.

If you just want beaches you can get those in a country closer to yours.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.