Recently upgraded from Windows XP Professional to Windows Vista Home - problems?

I recently upgraded from Windows XP Professional to Windows Vista Home Premium. I'm having some problems.. 1) A lot of the programmes I had installed under XP - eg Winamp - aren't immediately visible under Vista, and don't appear Start / Programs, the only way to use them is by opening the "windows.old" folder... show more I recently upgraded from Windows XP Professional to Windows Vista Home Premium. I'm having some problems..

1) A lot of the programmes I had installed under XP - eg Winamp - aren't immediately visible under Vista, and don't appear Start / Programs, the only way to use them is by opening the "windows.old" folder and running the executable

2) I want to uninstall Norton Anti Virus, but when I run "Add / Remove" programs, it isn't there. I've deleted every Norton / Symantec folder I can find but it still loads at start up.

Any advice would be much appreciated!
Update: How do I disable a Windows service? (Sorry, not so good when it comes to IT these days!)