If you are good at science, please help me!?

okay.. i dont think you HAVE to read this what im about to tell you but it might help with my question...

People want to live in places that are aesthetically pleasing and where the clime is agreeable. they like to see green lawns and colourful flower gardens. therefore they should build thier homes on land that was previously used for agriculture.

at one time the qween elizabeth way, the worlds first true superhighway, ran through the vineyards and fruit orchards on the niagra penisula between hamilton and st.. catharines. now the highway is lined on both sides with factories shopping plazas and subdivisions, all build on some of the most valuable farmland in the country.

when one realizes that only about 11% of all the landon the surface of earth is suitable for farming in the first place, the cost of taking this land out of production becomes apparent. with every hectar used for development the challeng of sustainabilityproviding for the needs of the ever-increasing human population on earth becomes more difficult.

many of our ancestors cleared the forests to create farmland but much of that land is now covered by buildings and pavement. new farmland is just not avaliable. destroying the tropical rain forests for agricultural purposes is not a viable option either. not only is the rich biodeversity of those areas lost forever, but the soil is so poor that it can be used for only a few years before its depleted of its few nutrients.

irrigation, fertilizer use, high-intensity growing single crops, and pest managment have all been adopted to increse yeilds. however, each of these has drawbacks. argonomists and farmers must study todays problems carefully in order to find solutions.

THANKYOU for reading that all to whoever did, but i have to answer 4 questions on that but there is one i cant figure out.. so if you could help me that would be great!

so the question is: what would be ecological advantages and disadvantages of building cities in the boreal forest biome and the tundra?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

The boreal forest biome is cold, wet and has a very short growing season. The main plant growing is pine trees. The tundra is cold and dry and like the boreal forest biome, cannot support agriculture for food. Therefore building cities in these regions would have an ecological advantage because the land is not used to supply the world with food. The disadvantages of using these areas for building is the same as the rainforests, in that one would be destroying a rich biodiversity that cannot be replaced.

• 3 years ago

"Scientists" attack Christianity and "Christians" attack technology. How can technology be used to objective non-repeatable phenomena. Did "guy" exist 7,000 years in the past? It relies upon on the way you outline "guy." in case you outline "guy" as somebody who can checklist history, the respond must be "no." whilst i grew to become into attending college, an prolonged time in the past, C-14 relationship grew to become into stated as an "absolute" relationship approach and constrained to 50,000 years in the past. Now this is seen a relative relationship device. It has alway been seen as such by ability of physicists and extends previous 60,000 years. C14 is created by ability of bombarding the nitrogen unfastened on the precise of the ambience with cosmic capability. If there is way less unfastened nitrogen, there is way less C14 created. much less C14 in an merchandise shows an older age. technology does not attack something. the 2nd it does, it ceases to be technology. Scientists who take factors like that turns into clergymen of "technology" particularly than observers of experiments and technology is all approximately repeatable technology. right this is the weak spot of all relationship structures. no person has ever examined them for 2 hundred,000 years... or perhaps 60,000 years. the concept that the forces that govern those structures are static is with out evidence. Even the assumption of time has its limits. with out mass/gravity, time does not exist, in accordance ot Steven Hawkings. yet, then, the Biblical relationship is likewise in accordance with assumptions by ability of a few nineteenth century bishop. How long is an afternoon if the earth does not rotate in terms of the solar... or if there is not any solar. Then there is the subject of randomness. If a pail of ice all of sudden began to boil, might or no longer this is a miracle or an accident of risk? technology might say it grew to become into an accident of risk probable basically to ensue as quickly as in 1000 billion trillion buckets of ice. in some unspecified time interior the destiny, that that's risk and that that's supernatural attain a nexus.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.