How safe it is to ride on the public transportation system in the Philippines?

The reason why I asked this question is because I came across some information from the State Department's website that warned Americans against traveling on the Manila Light Rail System, public city buses, and jeepneys due to safety and security concerns due to lethal terrorist bombings that occurred in them in... show more The reason why I asked this question is because I came across some information from the State Department's website that warned Americans against traveling on the Manila Light Rail System, public city buses, and jeepneys due to safety and security concerns due to lethal terrorist bombings that occurred in them in the past. So how safe is it to ride in those forms of transportation in Manila? And what about public jeepneys for the rest of the country besides the Philippine capital?