Just bought my daughter a wii for her birthday...I heard you can download old Nintendo games, true?

Hi all! I just bought my daughter a Wii for her birthday on Saturday, I got her The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night, Super Paper Mario, and Thrillville: Off the Rails. I hope they are good games. But anyways i was talking to one of her friends dad and he mentioned something about you can play the original... show more Hi all!

I just bought my daughter a Wii for her birthday on Saturday, I got her The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night, Super Paper Mario, and Thrillville: Off the Rails. I hope they are good games.

But anyways i was talking to one of her friends dad and he mentioned something about you can play the original Mario games on the wii, that you download them....

Can someone tell me if it's true and how I'd go about doing it...I'm pretty um...yeah I'm just going to say it I'm REALLY stupid about things like this.

Any help is greatly appreciated.