Blood sugar just dropped to 31??

I started insulin injections yesterday morning, I take 20 unitsof Novolin N and 10 units of Novolin R. I have been eating exactly according to the meal plan the Diabetes educator gave me, and I had a snack of cottage cheese, cashews and almonds before I went to bed at midnight. But, I just woke up out of a sound... show more I started insulin injections yesterday morning, I take 20 unitsof Novolin N and 10 units of Novolin R. I have been eating exactly according to the meal plan the Diabetes educator gave me, and I had a snack of cottage cheese, cashews and almonds before I went to bed at midnight. But, I just woke up out of a sound sleep all dizzy and feeling weird, so I got up to grab my glucose meter and eveything went black. I sat down because I felt faint, when I felt like I could see again I grabbed my meter out of my purse and checked--it was a 31. So, I chewed a bunch of glucose tabs and then ate some string cheese...after that I felt a lil better so I made some eggs. I feel okay now, just have a monster headache and still feel a little shaky. Is it normal to drop like that at night even after I had a snack less than 2 hours ago? Could I still be adjusting to the insulin, even though I took it at 9 am, and its going on 2 am now? Any help or suggestions would be great! Thank you!
Update: Thanks, I'll definitely be calling my doctor in the morning. I haven't cut out all carbs though, Breakfast I have 1-2 carb group, morning snack 1-2, lunch 3-4, afternoon snack 1-2, dinner 3-4 and late snack 1-2. I thought cottage cheese fell in that range because of the lactose found in dairy?? I'm so... show more Thanks, I'll definitely be calling my doctor in the morning. I haven't cut out all carbs though, Breakfast I have 1-2 carb group, morning snack 1-2, lunch 3-4, afternoon snack 1-2, dinner 3-4 and late snack 1-2. I thought cottage cheese fell in that range because of the lactose found in dairy?? I'm so new at this so maybe I am counting my carbs all wrong. :(

Oh, and my insurance will cover more than this kind...is there a better or different one I should be asking about?

What's a sliding scale and how would I figure that out?

I'm 20 weeks pregnant so my biggest concern is the health of the baby while going through all these adjustments!