My 14 year old has a thousand dollar phone bill for one month...What is suitable punishment?

My 14 year old daughter's portion of the cell phone bill is 986.80 over her plan. I have suspended the services for the summer but I can't terminte them due to the contract. I have already decided that the phone will not be used for the whole summer. Now when school starts, I really need her to have a cell... show more My 14 year old daughter's portion of the cell phone bill is 986.80 over her plan. I have suspended the services for the summer but I can't terminte them due to the contract. I have already decided that the phone will not be used for the whole summer. Now when school starts, I really need her to have a cell phone. She goes to a magnet school and it is out of our district. She has to walk to the bus stop pretty early in the morning. She is also active in school and she needs to be able to contact me to let me know when she's leaving the school. She has to walk to the baby sitters house if I have to work late and can't pick her up after cheer practice or tennis or whatever. Other than that, what time do you is appropriate for a 15 year old( she turns 15 in Aug) to get off the phone for the night? Also, is summer vacation long enough to be on punishment for a phone bill that high?
Update: Thanks you for all of the advice. Yes, it has put a MAJOR strain on my budget. I have to work out a payment plan to keep my service on so please know I am majorly pissed. No I didn't just give her a phone and say enjoy. There was a major conversation about rules and responsibilities of that phone. And I was... show more Thanks you for all of the advice. Yes, it has put a MAJOR strain on my budget. I have to work out a payment plan to keep my service on so please know I am majorly pissed. No I didn't just give her a phone and say enjoy. There was a major conversation about rules and responsibilities of that phone. And I was monitoring her usage but obviously not enough. I am a single parent, her dad lives out of state so I depend on her and need her to have a phone. I also have a one year old (which is why she goes to the babysitter after practice if I am runnung late. They have to be off campus by a certain time). So I really need to have access to her at all times. And just a sidebar: my daughter does not usually give me any problems. She is a straight A student and involved in many activities in school and in our church. She is not a smart mouth at all and is a great help and asset to our family. But I am taking this very seriously b/c I cannot EVER have this happen again.