Why are people against racial profiling?

Surely it makes sense. If statistics show a certain race to be the biggest offenders then target that race.What's the problem with that?
Update: Lola, So you would the police to target the little old Jewish lady on her way home from the Deli to even things up?
Update 2: 3. Ethnicity - Black males account for 59.2% of accused for knife enabled robbery and 41% for all knife enabled crime. White male North Europeans accused of knife enabled robbery account for 24.7% and 34.2% for all knife-enabled crime.
Update 3: http://www.mpa.gov.uk/committees/mpa/2006/061026/13.htm
Update 4: Waqas K,,, Check out the link. Your argument does not stand up, If they did not commit the most crime the Police would have no reason to go there.
As for the police being racist, that is rubbish, there is even a Black and Asian Police federation. Would a whites only one be tolerated.
Update 5: Waqas K. So one case makes all Policemen racist, you defeat your own arguement.
Update 6: On your theory then if one race carries a knife they all do.
Update 7: Wagas K.. Can you not see that the police are targeting those who commit the most crime. Which ever way you care to dress it up, the facts are the facts. When whites become the majority knife and gun carriers will you still be bleeting, I doubt it.
Update 8: Wagas K ,,, The Courts made the facts, These were convictions. You really are becoming a bore now. I will put my faith in the Great British Police anyday. In fact I would arm everyone of them and tell them to shoot anyone who disobeys the order to drop the weapon, be it a gun or knife or even a chair leg. Its... show more Wagas K ,,, The Courts made the facts,
These were convictions.
You really are becoming a bore now. I will put my faith in the Great British Police anyday. In fact I would arm everyone of them and tell them to shoot anyone who disobeys the order to drop the weapon, be it a gun or knife or even a chair leg. Its time to stop pussyfooting about.
Update 9: Wagas K OK, So not all black people carry knives, Thats why the police are not stopping ALL black people. Just the likely looking ones that from experience, they know there is a fair chance they are carrying. What do want, Just let them rule the streets, tie up the police ? Make it even easier for the knife... show more Wagas K
OK, So not all black people carry knives,
Thats why the police are not stopping ALL black people.
Just the likely looking ones that from experience, they know there is a fair chance they are carrying.
What do want, Just let them rule the streets, tie up the police ? Make it even easier for the knife carriers.
Update 10: Wagas K.. they are not targeting one race. They are targeting likely knife carrying people of all races, it is just that one race is getting caught in possession more than any other.
Update 11: As for where am I going with this question, just let me know when you have finished and then I can pick best answer and close it.