Will we be able to return our Verizon phone to Walmart? Please read our story?

A few days ago, I received a Verizon Chocolate for graduation from my parents. A few months ago, they had gotten my sister the same thing, but had it activated at Walmart. Because they needed my current phone, they decided to wait until I opened it to activate it. Last night, after having issues activating it,... show more A few days ago, I received a Verizon Chocolate for graduation from my parents. A few months ago, they had gotten my sister the same thing, but had it activated at Walmart. Because they needed my current phone, they decided to wait until I opened it to activate it.

Last night, after having issues activating it, we contacted customer service at Verizon, who told us that we cannot use a prepay phone for our postpay account. (The chocolate phone, purchased at Walmart, could not be added to our current Verizon account.) Like I mentioned, my sister did the exact same thing a few months ago, and it all went well. Customer service suggested that we return the phone, and wait until my phone is available for upgrade in a few days.

The phone has been charged, customized (with different wallpapers, but nothing downloaded), taken pictures with, contacts added, etc. Will we be able to return it for a credit/refund?

We plan to go to Walmart and see if the Verizon associate can activate it.
Update: When we bought it, the Verizon representative at Wal-mart specifically mentioned that we COULD use the phone on our current account. The Verizon customer service said that the pre-pay phone to post-pay account has only put in effect recently.
1 answer 1