What is bravery? Is it being strong...being fearless in the face of adversities?

Favorite Answer

bravery comes in many ways and forms. it does not necessarily mean being fearless. on the contrary, bravery is borne out of our desire to confront our fears and emerge victorious over them.

sometimes too, bravery is as simple as standing up for our rights... for having the courage to stay true to ourselves and hold on to our convictions and morals and integrity in this dog-eat-dog world.

• maej

Bravery is the not the absence of fear, rather, it is fear being mastered (Mark Twain???).

The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.” - Thucydides

It is an act of believing in yourself, of taking risks...

I always love this example about bravery... I'm sorry I forgot who wrote it...

Bravery is having the courage to jump on a hill knowing that you can grow wings on midair that will help you land on your two feet on solid ground.

A brave person will do what in his/her heart believes in, even if he knows that he will be hurt as a result. Many brave persons have been scared, but have overcome their fear by realising that what they do is correct.

Now for me to get in trouble....

to give examples of brave people.. (don't forget that there are two sides to everything) - Aguinaldo... Bonifacio... who was the hero??

During the second world war, were the French maquis or Russian partyzans brave people, or were they taitors or enemies of the government? I could go on forever.... my original religion, the Czech Hussite religion. If you look it up, Jan Hus, back during the middle ages was preaching against the Roman Catholic Church taking everybody's money. For that, the Pope had him burned at a stake. Enough of THAT part. So now there are Palestinians who were thrown out of their country so that it could be occupied by someone else. Getting back to the question, who was brave - the pope, or Jan Hus? There are Palestinians and the Jews fighting over the strip of the land over there, and which one of them is the hero??? ... To me it doesn't matter..... They all lose. I am sorry to say, but there are sometimes no winners - just losers.

What Is Bravery

Bravery is a quality of spirit that enables you to face danger or pain without showing fear or moreover it is the courage to face what you do fear.

There was no fire and she's as big a liar as Bill. But her supporters will never change their minds, even when confronted w/ numerous facts. Sort of like Bush supporters, huh?

Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, I will try again tomorrow

Bravey is not just being strong,it is the strong in love,with revenge.Bravery can also be a fear,a heroism, and honor.

Bravery is a control on your reflexes, tolerance you have for your internal environment and external environment.

I would think it's being fearless