Jes M asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

I am going on vacation at the end of the summer semester... Around August, and I want to loose 35-45 lbs.?

I gained alot of weight over the past two semesters(39lbs:() And I really want to look good while I am on the beach. I cannot fit into my current bikini(and it doesnt look that great on me) and I wanted to loose the extra weight! Any help? I am dietin right now, but it is not helping. I am on the starve adn workout, but I keep having cravings for fdge brownies. Any help?

Favorite Answer

Exersise lots, but don't over do it..just moving(doesn't need to be strenuous) burns calories. To loose weight you must burn more calories than you take in.

My tips for loosing weight

Don't sit down at your pc or watch tv for more than 30 mins without getting up for 10-15 and moving about. just walk around...do some jumping jacks, stretch.

Drink 5-10 8 ounce glasses of ICE water. The hitch there is the ice, in an 8 ounce glass of ICE WATER your body must burn 17.5 calories to warm the water to your body tempature. Try to drink Ice water in place of other drinks or luke warm water.

Lots of water

Stretch in the morning and evening before you go to bed

Get 60 minutes of exersise(doesn't need to be strenuious) each day

Do NOT eat these foods or drinks

Try to stay as far away from bread as possible..a little is okay

Energy drinks

Drinks with sugar in them

Regular soda

sweets(ice cream,candy,cake,)

A portion of food is the size of YOUR fist. make a fist and mesure that amount of the food your eating. Thats a good portion size for you.

Don't eat after 7 pm( If you have to try not to make it alot)

And most of all just have fun. Whenever your moving. no matter how small or short you are burning calories :D

Don't eat after 7 pm

Eat HIGH CARB foods

Yup most people lsoe 3lbs the first week of dieting and 2lbs a week from there on :)

Drink STRICTLY WATER

Free foods:

Black coffe

Lettuce

Salad

celery

200-300 cals for breakfast

60 cal snack

300-400 cals for lunch

60 cal snack

400-500 cals for dinner

Loads of water, I mean a lot!!! and spike it with some citrus fruit as this has an enzyme in it

that quite literrally eats fat!

Healthy rate is around 2 lbs per week while loosing. You can loose a bit more or less, but do not expect loosing ALL the weight fast. You got around 12 weeks or so? So i would not expect loosing more than 20 or so pounds.

Do not make unrealistic goals for yourself, and remember, that it is easier to keep healthy weight than to become thin once you loosen up.

Best way to loose weight is eating healtily and smaller amounts. Eat meals 4-5 times a day. Also, go for long walks/jogging or swimming (30 mins+) at least 4-5 times per week.

Good luck.

• ?

I found the book to be very informative and easy to read.

I've lost 17 pounds in 12 days, I'm just concerned that I'm losing too much weight, too quickly. I will admit I haven't followed the guide exactly. I'm not sticking perfectly to the listed foods and meal plans (but mostly) and doing very little exercise, but the weight keeps flying off.

It clearly works and if I'd followed it exactly I think it would scare the living daylights out of me because of the amount that I'd lose. So thanks again for the information. I've never purchased anything like this before because they are usually full of trash, but 3WD has been a pleasant surprise.

Get started today!

• sma200

FIRST OFF MUSCLE DOES NOT WEIGHT MORE THAN FAT, A POUND IS A POUND. I WOULD MUCH RATHER HAVE A POUND OF MUSCLE THAN A POUND OF FAT. THINK OF IT LIKE THIS, A POUND OF FEATHERS WILL TAKE OF TONS OF ROOM AND SPACE, A POUND OF ROCKS WILL TAKE UP VERY LITTLE ROOM AND VERY LITTLE SPACE. THINK OF MUSCLE LIKE THE ROCK, AND FAT ARE THE FEATHERS. HMMM THAT SEEMS EASY.

ok lets be practical if you starve yourself and work out then your body will begin to tell itself I AM STARVING. instead of releasing the fat, it will hold onto it! You are more likely to have better results with healthier eating and working out! There is a plan I found online, it is called the 3 day diet. I am about to start it because it seems practical. At least it is not drinking coffee and taking laxatives or something crazy of the sort. Before i post the diet and website for ya here are some thing that I have been told will boost the metabolism.

Drink Green Tea (I am currently taking Green Tea Pills)

When you workout mix it up day to day, don't do the same routine over and over.

ok heres the diet plan

Followers of the 3 Day Diet are promised up to a 10 pound weight loss in three days, although realistically, most of that weight is likely due to fluid loss and not the more desirable fat loss. To achieve the proposed loss, exercise is not mentioned in the plan.

What You Can Eat

The 3 Day Diet is a very specific food plan that must be followed precisely. Portions must be eaten exactly as specified and dieters are warned not to overeat -- otherwise the promised 10 pound weight loss may not be achieved. Likewise, dieters should not under-eat, even if they are not hungry. The detailed plan does not mention or recommend any exercise.

The 3 Day Diet meal plan:

Day 1

Breakfast

Black coffee or tea, with 1-2 packets Sweet & Low or Equal

1/2 grapefruit or juice

1 piece toast with 1 tablespoon peanut butter

Lunch

1/2 cup tuna

1 piece toast

Dinner

3 ounces any lean meat or chicken

1 cup green beans

1 cup carrots

1 apple

1 cup regular vanilla ice cream

Day 2

Breakfast

1 egg

1/2 banana

1 piece toast

Lunch

1 cup cottage cheese or tuna

8 regular saltine crackers

Dinner

2 beef franks

1 cup broccoli or cabbage

1/2 cup carrots

1/2 banana

1/2 cup regular vanilla ice cream

Day 3

Breakfast

5 regular saltine crackers

1 ounce cheddar cheese

1 apple

Lunch

1 boiled egg

1 piece toast

Dinner

1 cup tuna

1 cup carrots

1 cup cauliflower

1 cup melon

1/2 cup regular vanilla ice cream

In addition to its strict daily food prescription, dieters drink 4 cups of water or noncaloric drinks daily.

How It Works

By some unspecified magical force, the combination of the suggested foods included in this plan is supposed to create a unique metabolic reaction and boost fat burning.

Without an author or book, there is no documentation or explanation of how the 3 Day Diet food combinations burn fat, increase energy, cleanse the body, or lower cholesterol.

As the name suggests, the 3 Day Diet lasts only three days, though it's said that it can be repeated indefinitely, as long as you alternate with 4-5 days of undefined "normal eating." The purpose of returning to your usual eating style is to keep your metabolism from slowing, reverting to fat-storing, starvation mode.

Well you have to eat atleast 3 times a day so your food can digest more and the fat burning system will work. But you cant only eat 3 times a day you have to combined the right types of food. and exersicing an help to. if you really are dedicatted and really wanna loose weight then you have to atleast exercise 100 miniutes a day and with-in a couple of weeks you should start seeing results

Funny question. Seriously starving is your best bet. If you eat, eat early in the day. If you get cravings while at home you can go to sleep. It always helps not to have food in the fridge. I lost 10lbs in one week combined with lots of sex thanks to that. (No I'm not anorexic or have eating disorder) I weigh 120 and I'm happy..Plus you don't put up the weight as quickly as you would with diets.

jog pilates yoga diet eat protein drink water and low calorie jucie no more soda walk weigh in in the morning befor eating anything do not eat 3 hours b4 u go to sleep cut down on junk food eat no less than 1300 clories a day and no more than 1500

Source(s): i lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks doing this

Thas a lot of weight to lose that fast... Unhealthy to do it that fast.. but possible.

Check this out

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

It will give you a guide to help you with your goal.

Point: Diet and Excercise. 1200-1400 Calories a day, excercise for at least 45 minutes a day, at least 4 days a week.

go on Weight Watchers.

My (I HATE HER) "friend" lost over 100 pounds in like a month! shes super thin its scary! and if you dont want to pay for it then exercise WHILE eating a fudge brownie

Source(s): <333

do not starve ur self... work out 3-5 times a week or more so ull get more fitt

remember musel weighs more than fat