hope asked in Food & DrinkEntertaining · 1 decade ago

Decorating savvy people ONLY--wedding shower using bright colors- need decorating tips?

I'm hosting a bridal shower and the bride's colors are bridesmaids in black w/ fuschia sash/bow things around the waist. The flowers are bright pink, citrus orange and lime green. I really want to use her colors for my decorating motif. However, when I get these colors together, it ends up looking like a birthday party. I want it to be very elegant and sorta classy.

I want some real, professional tips on how to use these colors for WOW effect.

I thought maybe just centering on the fuschia and using a print plate of pink and green floral, striped napkins...I need table ideas, like a cool Martha Stewart way to use not so obvious complimentary colors for the table cloth.

Maybe a tan canvas table cloth, big bright bouquet of flowers, and pink accents? Yeah, yeah- ideas like that!

More, more!!!! I'll give you the BEST ANSWER if it sweeps me off my feet!

• NDmom
    Favorite Answer

Another interesting option is to display photos of the couple throughout the room, from the time they were small to the present, to reflect on the passages in their lives. Of course, this will require some collaboration with the respective families, but it’s so easy to copy photos now. At the end of the party, the photos can be gathered up, put in an album and presented to the couple as a cherished keepsake.

placed in BLACK FRAMES............

add mini lights, strategically placed, perhaps around windows, can put the sparkle into the party. Choose clear bulbs if the rest of your ornamentation have plenty of color: aim for soft light to enhance the mood rather than the flashing, in-your-face variety that can be so annoying and distracting.

use the colors in candles Candles are another great way to go, especially if your event is scheduled for the evening. Of course, you will want to set your table with candles along with flowers to enhance the dining experience if you are planning a sit-down dinner or a buffet. Choose tapers for the table, and look to selecting candles of different heights and thickness for massing on coffee tables in the party room. If you have selected a spa theme, with gifts to match, then scented candles and the sound of running water from table fountains can add to the ambience. If you are concerned that some of the guests have allergies, then avoid the scented varieties. Turn down the lights and let the romantic glow of candles set the mood of romance and mystery

flower arrangements ues the colors and a splash of black like with spirl things

you could always cover chairs in black and add pink ribbon

table clothes and plates go simple white........... don't forget the music .

balloons in different shapes, also filled with helium. Placed in strategic areas throughout the party room, they really enhance the celebratory atmosphere.

********************************************************************************************************************************************POEM:

A Basket of Candles

For [insert Bride's name]

A basket of candles that come in a pair

In all different colors, for you two to share

The white ones burn first

They are wrapped in white lace

To celebrate your first married night

In your new chosen place.

The green pair is taller, and also much thinner

Burn with the first company, you have over for dinner.

The dark blue candles are for after your first fight

Use them to burn while making up all night.

Pink candles set the mood and pave the way

For your first married Valentine’s Day.

Now, when your first year of marriage is through

The cream anniversary pair, will light for you two.

Red candles aflame, both your futures are bright

Celebrate promotions you’ve worked toward with all of your might.

By this time we hope, maybe, just maybe

You can light the purple ones, on the birth of your baby.

And just when you thought you’d put these away

Take the light blue ones out-for your fifth anniversary day.

Now just one more pair left - for the big 2 5

The anniversary pair that will keep your love alive.

Congratulations [insert Bride and Groom's names]

On the start of your forever

May the two of you always be happy together

And burn these candles

Just the way we said

But please don’t forget-blow them out before bed!

**********************************************************************

Have a blast............ congrates to the couple.

I love this color combo-my sister used the same for her wedding and it was very elegant! I would definitely do black for the tablecloths, white porcelain or clear glass plates and alternate the napkins at each setting-bright pink, lime, orange tied with some sort of coordinating ribbon in a small width so it is not too flashy. For the centerpieces, a la Martha, I would use gerbera daisies in those three colors tied tightly together in a clear glass square vase with either a wide satin ribbon in lime green glued around the vase about 1/4 from the top-ot leave it plain. Whatever direction you choose-I really think theblack tablecloths will act as an anchor for all the other colors while toning it down and creating elegance at the same time. Good luck!

If you want it elegant and classy, then the basic color should be BLACK ... with accents of the bright colors. You might have an under-tablecloth of bright pink, but the top cloth should be black .... Black and pink napkins, rolled together, would be nice; maybe tied with a ribbon in the 3 bright colors...or just tuck a lime green flower into them..... If you can find chargers in one of the bright colors (or spray paint some cheap ones) with clear glass plates on them, and the napkins on the plates.... A big clear glass brandy snifter, with black stones/pebbles in the bottom, and some gerbena daisies in the bright colors (stuck into a frog in the stones) would be nice, simple and classy..... If you can afford to do black chair covers, you could have a bow in the hot pink or lime......

Black tablecloth would tone the birthday aspect down.

Mute your flowers by using dyed real carnations in pink, green and orange--black vase. Or float some flowers in clear low bowls of water on long table.

Pink and orange pressed flower mints and green pressed mint leaves.

Fuschia napkin rings on black napkins. Or three ribbon stripes of color on black cloth napkins and/or tablecloth.

Either black candles grouped in threes with candle holders of color choice or colored candles in black holders.

Could decorate a small parasol with colors and wedding bells or doves. Or a garden bench or pair of garden chairs for the lucky couple.

Or have Large angel holding picture of engaged couple. Check out garden supply centers or gift shops in mall that have garden structures for some cool ideas.

Already have that tan table cloth? Add a black ribbon in addition to the other colored ribbons or a black table runner down the center with the ribbon colors in stripes.

I think black is a great tablecloth color. I would do center pieces in all one color...like have one table w/ a bunch of citrus orange bunched together (gerbera daisies are beautiful)..The next table do the pink color. I love using a bunch of the same color together..it looks elegant!

These favor boxes can easily be made. I have seen the same flowers at hobby lobby.

Stack in a tier or add one to each place setting.Use black favor boxes also. You could use the colors at one table to go with flowers.

http://www.favorideas.com/shopping/prod/WBF-gerber...

This is a example of using a main color on your table and going with the same color. I love these high centerpieces with the gems in the water or you can add food color to your water for different colors

http://www.brides.com/gallery/vendor/detail/138274...

Add a table runner of the same color down your table and lots of candles will make the tables sparkle more. You can also make colored ice cubes with food coloring..Make lime green for your lime green tables and add to water it looks awesome..

use black table clothes ,the flower plates , and napkins sound good, you could get large glitter for the tables in one of her colors (lime green)for the middle of the table, and maybe voltive candles( citrus orange) in one her colors,in clear holders for the tables.you could wrap a ribbon around them ( in fuschia) to dress them up, or hot glue , one each color, fake flowers to them, CUTE!