Switching to formula and feeling guilty?

My 8 month old son cried all day and was SO unhappy. He had bad ezcema. When he was 5 months old, we found out he had bad food allergies. He is allergic to all milk products, wheat, eggs, tree nuts, and peanuts. Since then, I've religiously kept these things out of my diet while breastfeeding him. However,... show more My 8 month old son cried all day and was SO unhappy. He had bad ezcema. When he was 5 months old, we found out he had bad food allergies. He is allergic to all milk products, wheat, eggs, tree nuts, and peanuts. Since then, I've religiously kept these things out of my diet while breastfeeding him.
However, I've lost 15 pounds, am thin as a rail, and my milk supply has decreased drastically. It's because I just can't eat right. I know I'm supposed to nurse him as long as possible, but I'm at the point where I just can't do this anymore.
The allergy doctor says he can go on Nutramagen formula until he's 2 at which time hopefully he will have outgrown these allergies. I've decided I'm going to switch him to formula, but feel SO guilty..but my health is drastically suffering. Plus I'm always cranky around my son because I'm hungry all the time and craving milk products and breads. I'm sick of eating beans, meat, veggies and fruit and nothing else. Am I a bad mother for switching him?