Can you recomend a small island in the Phillipines that is not overrun by tourists?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

if you like the charm of boracay without the crowd, i highly recommend bantayan island in cebu. it's located on the north tip of cebu.

it's vey much like boracay except it's not overrun by tourist. mostly cebuanos go there coz word hasn't gotten around the rest of the philippines about this alternative to boracay yet.

http://www.travelblog.org/Asia/Philippines/Cebu/bl...

• 1 decade ago

Mindanao is the second largest island in the Philippines but I found it completely free of tourists. A warm welcoming place with little or no Hotels in the south east around Hinatuan, where lodges are available for 500p a night.

Plenty of desert Islands are found around the coast and rivers, that can easily be reached by Pam boat.

Charming towns and villages in the old island style and a lifestyle that has change little over centuries

Most people speak the second language English, though because tourists dont go there you will find their English rusty at first.

King Prawns at 170p per kilo and whole fresh fish at 120p per kilo.

A move is afoot to arrange for visitors to stay in private homes among the locals to experience the filipino way of life, a way of raising much needed income for the area.

A land of coconuts forests, Carabao and peace. Very relaxing.

Local transport of Pam boats, Busses, Jeepneys, taxi motor-trycycles and pedal tricycles are the way to move about.

Mail me if I can Help

Ken

• 1 decade ago

Marbuena Island Resort

> Ajuy Iloilo

> No web Adress

> Tel: 033-329-6798

> Cell 0920-561-8766

It's a nice private island resort about 2 hours north of Iloilo City off the east coast of Panay. Powdery whie sand and crytal blue water. Great food nice place to get away from it all.

Best part is no hawkers allowed.

Granted it's off the beaten path, but well worth the trip.

Source(s): Been there many times.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Bantayan Islande, a small island North of Cebu City. It is a 3-hour bus ride from Cebu North Bus Terminal. And from Hagnaya Port, you cross the island by motor boat.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Marinduque Island is just south of Manila,look at www.clubcagpo.tk

Have a nice Holiday

• 1 decade ago

Guimaras Island. Sands and beaches are like Boracay but not as congested. This is where you can find the SWEETEST mango in the world at a cheaper price.

• 1 decade ago

not an island but i would recommend Suki Balading, Bicol almost in Sorsogon,- name though is not so cool. hehe only the locals go there. I was a bit dissappointed in Bora coz it was over populated and too commercialized. No R&R but just partying all night. Here you can have peace and quiet.

• maej
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Camiguin, yeah...

it's a charming little island with all the comforts of the city and the freshness of the province!

• 1 decade ago

i recomend Lamuro Resort in El Nido, Palawan. It's a private resort with only eight rooms (all beachfront) to accommodate guests. check their web (www.lamuro.com)

• 1 decade ago

I recommend Camiguin Island it's safe and not polluted.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.