I have to write a letter of explanation for derogatory credit report info. What should I write?

I am refinancing my home loan and getting some equity out. There are a few things on my credit report that don't look good. What kinds of explanations are best? I don't even really know why they were 30 days late. But they were and I have to deal with it now. I have not had anything bad in the past... show more I am refinancing my home loan and getting some equity out. There are a few things on my credit report that don't look good. What kinds of explanations are best? I don't even really know why they were 30 days late. But they were and I have to deal with it now. I have not had anything bad in the past year but they still want a letter of explanation. I don't know what kinds of excuses are better than others.
0