I want to live in the philippines but filipinos told me that they will kill you if they think you have money?

IVE ONLY FOUND A FEW ARTICLES ONLINE ABOUT MURDERS OF AMERICANS IN THE PHILIPPINES SUCH AS PASTORS, AND PEACE CORP, BUT OTHER THAN THAT I HAVENT FOUND MUCH ABOUT THAT SUBJECT. WHAT REALLY CONFUSES ME IS THAT I LIVE IN A PLACE IN AMERICAN WHERE FILIPINOS LIVE ALL OVER MY AREA. I HAVE FRIENDS WHO ARE FILIPINOS AND... show more IVE ONLY FOUND A FEW ARTICLES ONLINE ABOUT MURDERS OF AMERICANS IN THE PHILIPPINES SUCH AS PASTORS, AND PEACE CORP, BUT OTHER THAN THAT I HAVENT FOUND MUCH ABOUT THAT SUBJECT.

WHAT REALLY CONFUSES ME IS THAT I LIVE IN A PLACE IN AMERICAN WHERE FILIPINOS LIVE ALL OVER MY AREA. I HAVE FRIENDS WHO ARE FILIPINOS AND I ASK THEM ABOUT THE PHILIPPINES AND WHAT ITS LIKE.

YOU SEE I WANT TO LIVE THERE FOR A FEW YEARS BECAUSE I HEARD OF THE CHEAP ECONOMY. HOUSING , FOOD, ETC, WILL SAVE ME SO MUCH MONEY FOR A FEW YEARS, WHILE I AM GENERATING AN AMERICAN INCOME. 1 OR 2 PEOPLE THAT IVE TALKED TO IN THE STATE I LIVED FELT UNEASY ABOUT THE IDEA, SAYING BAD THINGS ABOUT THE PHILIPPINES TO TRY AND CONVINCE ME NOT TO GO. LIKE "IF THEY THINK YOUR RICH, THEYLL ROB YOU AND KILL YOU." OR "IF THEY THINK YOUR AMERICAN THEYLL KICK YOUR *BLEEP*." THEY ALSO SAY "IVE SEEN PEOPLE GET SHOT RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, ITS CRAZY THERE."

IVE ALSO TALKED TO OTHER FILIPINOS AND THEY SAY THE OPPOSITE. LIKE "IVE NEVER SEEN ANYONE DIE OVER THERE." OR "THAT KIND OF THING IS ONLY IN CERTAIN PARTS OF THE PHILIPPINES."

I SAW A VIDEO NEWS CLIP FROM NOV. 07 ABOUT THE MANILA MALL BOMBING AND FIGURED OK FINE PHILIPPINES IS JUST LIKE ANYPLACE ELSE. I MEAN VIOLENCE IS EVERYWHERE RIGHT AND WHAT ABOUT 911. THEN I READ A CLIP (DONT KNOW IF ITS TRUE OR NOT BECAUSE IT WASNT OFFICIAL TYPE OF NEWS) STATING A FILIPINO SECURITY GUARD AT A KARAOKE CLUB SHOT A MAN IN THE BAR BECAUSE HE DIDNT LIKE THE WAY HE WAS SINGING. I MEAN...COME ON WTF. I MEAN OF COURSE IT COULD HAPPEN BUT DO YOU THINK THATS REALLY TRUE? BTW THE INTERNET ARTICLE ALSO SAID THAT KIND OF STUFF HAPPENS A LOT.

OK SO PHILIPPINES IS A 3RD WORLD COUNTRY, SOME PARTS VERY POOR AT THAT, AND THE ECONOMY IS BAD. BUT CAN IT REALLY BE THAT BAD OVER THERE? I WANT TO GO TO MANILA, BUT SOME PEOPLE ARE SCARING ME INTO NOT GOING.