How do you tell someone who is needy that they are asking for too much in a friendship?

My husband and I are friends with a lady who is very needy and has no family contact. We end up doing errands for her and giving rides more than we like. She is also a very negative person and probably a hypochondriac, although many of her medical problems are real. We are retired and trying to do the right... show more My husband and I are friends with a lady who is very needy and has no family contact. We end up doing errands for her and giving rides more than we like. She is also a very negative person and probably a hypochondriac, although many of her medical problems are real. We are retired and trying to do the right Christian thing but we feel like we are on call 7 days a week. We have decided we need to limit time and effort with her. Part of the problem is that other people in the community don't like her. We would like time for other friends and projects. What do we say to her when she wants to be included in our time with other people? Do we tell her the truth about how she puts people off and how would we do that without destroying her emotionally?