Do democrats understand basic economics?

For years I assumed democrats were stupid and didn't understand economics, but lately I've changed my mind. I think they understand economics very well and are just disgusting, vile sub-human beings. Example...Democrats that run my small town had too many worthless social programs and were running a... show more For years I assumed democrats were stupid and didn't understand economics, but lately I've changed my mind. I think they understand economics very well and are just disgusting, vile sub-human beings. Example...Democrats that run my small town had too many worthless social programs and were running a deficit. Local conservatives protested to stop a planned tax hike, so the liberals came up with a better plan. They wouldn't hike taxes, in fact, they were going to privatize some things, like local trash pick-up and other services. Sounds great! Now I have a bill every month for trash and several other utilities and my tax bill has stayed the same. Hmm...what happened to the millions the town saved by privatizing? Shouldn't that be given back to taxpayers? So now I have the same tax bill and an increase in monthly payments from last year, while democrats are bragging that they fixed the deficit, didn't raise taxes, and have extra money for more social programs to feed starving puppies or something. I feel bamboozled. Anyone else think that liberals might be smarter and more evil than given credit for?
11 answers 11