when i double clicked my drive c and d, error message "access denied".?

when i double clicked drive c and d, error message "access denied". when i right clicked and chose open or explore, error message also appears "access denied". but in run menu, the drives can be open. any comments, suggestions, and help will be much appreciated. thank's! please help me.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Sounds like you're a limited user.

• 1 decade ago

This is an ownership permissions issue. I think you can only change this in Safe Mode. You need to reboot in safe mode, right click on C Drive and select properties ... within there there is an advanced or permissions tab. Just add EVERYONE to the Ownership Permissions and you will be able to access after a restart.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

run antivirus programme and check if there is any virus installed on your computer.

if there are no viruses, then ask your administrator to give 'limited access' to these folders. right now it would have set to 'no access'.

if you are the administrator and if your are in administrator log in, right click on c or d, properties and go to sharing tab. see if admin control is enabled or not. if not, give full control.

if none of the above works for you, please call your computer guy to come and fix it up.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Right click - Format - Start - Ok

Joking, Don't do that. You will lose your data

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.