tisya
tisya asked in TravelAsia PacificPhilippines · 1 decade ago

do you still write greeting cards and send it thru snail mail?

i love recieving cards thru P.O and keep them,,,im a little senti.how 'bout you?

Favorite Answer

i have this question in Christmas category...

anyhoo... greetings is greetings wether its snail or electronics sent... great feeling to be remembered and count in someone thoughts especially during holidays!

so Merry Christmas Everyone! Merry Yappasko sa Y!AP..

Until recently, I was not very sentimental. Now that my dad is ill, I've realized the importance of the little things like giving and recieving cards. E-greetings are cute and convenient, but it's nice to have cards come through the mail with someone's signature on it saying that they love you. It gives me a nice warm fuzzy feeling and who doesn't like to place cards around their home during the holiday? Greeting cards make some of the best decorations! When I got a greeting card from my mom this week, it put a smile on my face. I'm going to send some myself.

• tin2

This is my first Christmas away from home so I did send cards to my friends/classmates back in the Phils. And knowing the slow pace of the "snail mail", I did my mailing

NOV 10...and I clearly marked all envelopes with - "may be opened for inspection" - that way, the PO will not pry it open thinking there's cash. Also, I didn't not seal the envelopes...instead, I just inserted the flap right in...no one is tempted coz it's obvious there's nothing there but a card.

So far, of the 3 dozens I sent, more than half have acknowledged that they have received it.

• Inday

Since the advent of technology, I'd been sending e-cards only but I still get about a dozen or less cards thru mail but not "snail" (not the slow kind) because they are all from friends here in the States.

Merry Christmas to one and all.

Yep - I mail them out on December 1 every year. It's a way to reconnect with family and friends, and to let them know you're thinking of them. An email seems so impersonal - a card can be taped to the wall and kept for years. Plus, no worries about downloading media players or importing a virus!

• Lou O

I went to www.snapfish.com where I had uploaded pics of our vacation, I ordered picture cards and included a letter of things that happened the previous year.

At the bottom of the letter I also pasted pictures from our vacation, I included the address for a MySpace we created with vacation pics, videos, and a diary of events. I make it a point to send these out to ALL our friends and relatives. Some I only hear from at Christmas. I usually send my cards out the beginning of December, then I enjoy the letters or notes I receive back.

No. I don't have much time anymore for this kind of thing. But it used to be a fun thing to do in the bygone years. I used to keep all the cards when I was still single however, I had to throw them away when I got married.

So many of my older aunts and uncles don't have computers. I enjoy sending and receiving the regular snail mail cards. I write a personal message to each person.

Yes. I sent out about 60 christmas cards. I send b-day cards to my family. It's fun to get something in the mail.

I believe all thank you cards must go thru the old fashion mail. They are more personal and tell people that they are worth the trouble.